D&D (2024) More People Test One D&D Origins Playtest Than D&D Next

WotC has announced that more people have playtested the first One D&D playtest than the number of people who playtested the entirety of the D&D Next playtest 10 years ago, which led to the release of D&D 5E. The number of people who playtested D&D Next, according to the credits in the 5E Player's Handbook, was over 175,000 people. In the first week alone, more of you have playtested One D&D...
WotC has announced that more people have playtested the first One D&D playtest than the number of people who playtested the entirety of the D&D Next playtest 10 years ago, which led to the release of D&D 5E. The number of people who playtested D&D Next, according to the credits in the 5E Player's Handbook, was over 175,000 people.

In the first week alone, more of you have playtested One D&D than in the entirety of 5e playtesting! 🧙‍♂️🎉

Thank you to everyone who has helped shape the future of Dungeons & Dragons! 💥🐉

Screen Shot 2022-09-01 at 5.22.36 PM.png

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I’m not sure how they’d know. Maybe download and some measure of play reports? It’s a bold claim and if it’s based on downloads it’s still very impressive.

In the first week alone, more of you have playtested One D&D than in the entirety of 5e playtesting! 🧙‍♂️🎉

Thank you to everyone who has helped shape the future of Dungeons & Dragons! 💥🐉

I mean, with the Beyond sign-up they have much more solid data on who is downloading stuff than they did with just a hosted PDF.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Considering that a lot of their playtesting that they ask the public for is just players opinions on the ideas and fluff of the stuff they made (and whether people are interested in the directions the bits are going)... just having enough interest to download the packet is probably considered valid playtesting to a certain extent for them. And all of our discussions here on EN World about the various bits and pieces (even if we don't play them in a game per se) is still info they will use to make further assumptions for what folks will want to see in later packets

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I mean, with the Beyond sign-up they have much more solid data on who is downloading stuff than they did with just a hosted PDF.
Didn't they had some kind of registration for downloading the Next material? I seem to recall one, but I'm not sure.

On the main topic: it's probably actually many more. I'm positive that in many groups someone will have downloaded the PDF and then shared with others who didn't bother with the registration.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads