Well, that was fun
Some very minor (and I mean minor) bits and pieces have trickled in over the last day or so. I've added them to the D&D 5E Info page, but here's a summary of what's new:
- Snippets from a WotC designers' Google+ Hangout playtest confirm the existence of dwarves, lurkers, critical hits, paladins, clerics, trolls (which are vulnerable to fire in some way), clerics, and an unonsciousness status. Mainly no-brainers.
- "Playtesting in the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. My dwarf just slew a lurker with a well-timed crit to save the swallowed paladin." - Monte Cook.
- "Playtested in the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. My cleric burned several downed trolls before they could finish off the unconscious paladin." - Bruce Cordell.
- "I will say my Fighter was +X to hit, rolled dice a lot" - Dave C. of Baldman Games (which runs DDXP); this appears to confirm that + to hit remains, as opposed to some other mechanic. (Thanks to kmdietri).
- A selection of podcasts discussing the upcoming edition (thanks to Michael for the links):
- Dice Monkey Radio Bonus Episode 1: DnD Next Speculation – 6 hosts including Jenn of Jennisodes, Michael of Online Dungeon Master, Michael of The Id DM speculate and give wish lists for the next iteration of D&D.
- DnD Next 1st Reaction RAW (The Tome) – Tome show hosts Tracy, and Jeff are joined by producer Sam and talk about the D&D Next. They express their hopes, aspirations and fears about the game. Tracy has played an early set of rules, so you may want to read into her musings.
- Going Last Session 51, Doubleclicks interview, and Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition – General Gaming news podcast. They cover all the news of the week, but feature story is on 5E. Second half of the show is Doubleclicks interview.
- RPG Circus Season 4 Episode 1 – And then there was 5ed? – The show begins with rambling about Dancey’s EN World Post and Escapist Article. Then transition into 5E talk and speculation. They lean less toward game mechanics and more toward talking about D&D’s relationship to the gaming market.