More snippets of 5E information

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Some very minor (and I mean minor) bits and pieces have trickled in over the last day or so. I've added them to the D&D 5E Info page, but here's a summary of what's new:
  • Snippets from a WotC designers' Google+ Hangout playtest confirm the existence of dwarves, lurkers, critical hits, paladins, clerics, trolls (which are vulnerable to fire in some way), clerics, and an unonsciousness status. Mainly no-brainers.
    • "Playtesting in the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. My dwarf just slew a lurker with a well-timed crit to save the swallowed paladin." - Monte Cook.
    • "Playtested in the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. My cleric burned several downed trolls before they could finish off the unconscious paladin." - Bruce Cordell.
  • "I will say my Fighter was +X to hit, rolled dice a lot" - Dave C. of Baldman Games (which runs DDXP); this appears to confirm that + to hit remains, as opposed to some other mechanic. (Thanks to kmdietri).
  • A selection of podcasts discussing the upcoming edition (thanks to Michael for the links):

Last edited:

1Mac

First Post
  • "Playtesting in the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. My dwarf just slew a lurker with a well-timed crit to save the swallowed paladin." - Monte Cook.
  • "Playtested in the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. My cleric burned several downed trolls before they could finish off the unconscious paladin." - Bruce Cordell.
These are clearly results from a Mad-Libs-style 5e playtest tweet generator.

Tilenas

Explorer
...reading between the lines, it seems like the new paladin still sucks /jk.

Rex Blunder

First Post
These are clearly results from a Mad-Libs-style 5e playtest tweet generator.

Hilarious! And a great idea.

Behold the PLAYTEST REPORT GENERATOR:

Sample output:
  • Just escaped Scourge of the Slave Lords. My fighter Charmed a swarm of downed mimics with a critical hit, much to the chagrin of the despairing paladin.
  • Playtested in In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords. My eladrin sniped a bunch of wights, humiliating the prone paladin.
  • TPK in Labyrinth of Madness! My dwarf just defeated a Portuguese man-o-war with no help from the helpless paladin.
  • Playtesting in The Dancing Hut of Baba Yaga. My shardmind killed a nitwit illithid, but it was too late for the stinking paladin.
  • Played in Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. My eladrin just pwned a skeleton. That was the end of the swallowed paladin.

Repeat until the new edition has been entirely revealed!

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Thanks for the updates, Morrus! :)

Hilarious! And a great idea.

Behold the PLAYTEST REPORT GENERATOR:

Sample output:
  • Just escaped Scourge of the Slave Lords. My fighter Charmed a swarm of downed mimics with a critical hit, much to the chagrin of the despairing paladin.
  • Playtested in In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords. My eladrin sniped a bunch of wights, humiliating the prone paladin.
  • TPK in Labyrinth of Madness! My dwarf just defeated a Portuguese man-o-war with no help from the helpless paladin.
  • Playtesting in The Dancing Hut of Baba Yaga. My shardmind killed a nitwit illithid, but it was too late for the stinking paladin.
  • Played in Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. My eladrin just pwned a skeleton. That was the end of the swallowed paladin.

Repeat until the new edition has been entirely revealed!

That is hilarious! :)

Remove ads