• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

More Usable Terrain!

Wik

First Post
Hm. I generally dislike magical effect terrain - I've been pretty happy with "cover/difficult terrain/concealing terrain", for the most part. But then, I do like throwing in the occasional terrain effect, as "encounter dressing".

NMcCoy

Explorer
Someday, when I run a delve, it's going to feature Geo Panels from Disgaea. All the terrain effects you could possibly want, plus the option for changing the terrain around.

Aegeri

First Post
Someday, when I run a delve, it's going to feature Geo Panels from Disgaea. All the terrain effects you could possibly want, plus the option for changing the terrain around.

Actually, one of the books has a room that functions very like this. Each square can have random elemental effects and other things on it. It might be in the Plane Below actually. I know if you have DDI you can look up the map on Wizards and its ugly as sin (looks like some strange checkerboard of colored squares).

I love things like this though, especially at epic where monsters alone often won't cut the mustard in terms of challenging PCs.

Remove ads