• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.
  • The RSS feed for the news page has changed. Use this link. The old one displays the forums, not the news.

More Volo's previews in Dragon+ Show Hags & Slithering Trackers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Good selections for Halloween. Not the sort of monsters I would use often, but interesting enough. The annis hag's death hug will be fun to narrate in combat.

Good selections for Halloween. Not the sort of monsters I would use often, but interesting enough. The annis hag's death hug will be fun to narrate in combat.
Honestly, the more I read up on them, the more I realize that I've really never used hags as a DM. 5e is really bringing them to life in a way that makes me now think of all sorts of fun and creative ways I could bring them into a campaign, and from what we've seen so far, I'm sure Volo's will only add to that...

Last edited by a moderator:

Patrick McGill

Role playing the hags in Strahd was a very fun experience for me as a DM. So creepy and fun. The MM itself does a good job of infusing them with flavor, and this seems like more of that goodness.

SilentWolf

Villager
@Demetrios1453 has made mistakes on posting the Dragon+previews. He posted 2 times the kobold previews, instead of the Hannis Hag and the Slithering Tracker ones:

http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/D10_Volo_Hag159.pdf

http://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/D10_Volo_Tracker191.pdf

The newest issue of Dragon+ is out, and it has a preview of Volo's Guide to Monsters, with three new pages we haven't seen before:

Page 55, from Chapter 1, gives us a preview of hag traits/ideals/bonds/flaws, as well as chart for hag names, among other hag lore.

Page 159, from Chapter 3, details the annis hag.

Page 191, from Chapter 3, details the slithering tracker.

Warpiglet

Explorer
Having personality choices at the ready is a brilliant stroke. Even the best DM can struggle to make a monster a unique part of the world. This will enhance roleplaying for everyone and adds mystery---what is this particular creature going to do? Besides just "evil." I would buy a companion to the MM full of such personality generating aids!

Chaosmancer

Villager
Definetly need to use that slithering tracker at some point. Nasty little bugger and if my 4e experience with stirges is any indication, that "Damage Transference" is going to cause my players fits... which makes me cackle maniacally

Advertisement

Latest threads

Advertisement