Morrus' Gen Con Report

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Morrus said:

I don't even know what you mean by "GA", but then how many people from the US (or from any other country in the world) is going to be able to identify (let alone locate) English counties by their abbreviations?

It's the abbreviation for Georgia, a big southern state that borders the Atlantic. The city of Atlanta is the Georgia city you've heard of, most likely (the home of CNN, for one thing).

King_Stannis

Explorer
Re: Re: Morrus' Gen Con Report

Navar said:

If I was trying to pick her up I would have succeeded. (but if you wanted to change my title to "The Womanizer" I wouldn't mind)

Wow, Morrus, you didn't tell us that you were hanging out with Enrique Iglesias at Gen Con.

Seriously, though, I hate it when guys say this kind of crap. And they're usually the ones that end up Pepe' Lepue-ing their targets into submission. Half the time the women look scared out of their wits. :eek:

Last edited:

alsih2o

First Post
ColonelHardisson said:

Sorry; I thought they were talking about roommates at the hotel in Indy.

no apology is necessary, i am just glad the slightly paunchy balding guy isn't the jane i saw at gencon. :)

Navar

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: Morrus' Gen Con Report

King_Stannis said:

Wow, Morrus, you didn't tell us that you were hanging out with Enrique Iglesias at Gen Con.

Seriously, though, I hate it when guys say this kind of crap. And they're usually the ones that end up Pepe' Lepue-ing their targets into submission. Half the time the women look scared out of their wits. :eek:

Crap man you don't even know me. I was being sarcastic. We had a great time and just hung out and talked (4 of us Morris, Jane, Me, and my friend.) There were no passes, no plays or anything. I take offence being refered to as pepe'ing my targets into submition. I have the utmost respect for women and this this coment was unfounded. Next time I will try to use more smiles.

Morris said:

Sorry! That was meant as a tongue in cheek side-comment; I guess it may have come across wrong. We both thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with you guys that night - it was a real pleasure to accidentally stumble across a couple of people who were so friendly!

No offence taken I was being funny back. I guess I was the one who didn't come across right :). I am glad that you two had a good time. It was really cool to meet you and talk about the boards, and the site and mostly about london and beer. (I almost never find anyone else that knows what Strongbow is reguardless of if they like it or not.)

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Navar... you do realize that Strongbow isn't a beer now do you?

When I ived in the UK we had US exchange students who couldn't fathom some of the people drinking cider... they thought cider was synonymous with apple juice... they must have thought the English were real lightweights :D

Rav

Talaysen

First Post
Ouch. Sorry to hear about your time with Delta...unfortunately most of the folks I know generally agree that Delta routinely screws things up and is not to be trusted with anything as complex as carrying people and their possessions from one place to another. I myself have flown Delta a few times and have encountered problems of varying degrees of seriousness (ranging from something like a four-hour flight delay to their issuance, at the counter, of a ticket that did not match the name on my license, which was not caught until AFTER I had been through the metal detector - long story that), and I try very hard to avoid giving them any of my business. Unfortunately I have some Delta frequent flyer miles left (no idea how I earned those) and certain people with influence over my life insist that I use them.

In any event, I can't recall whether or not Northwest flies to London, but it seems like they do. I would recommend flying with them; I've rarely, if ever, had any trouble with their service.

jaldaen

First Post
Morrus said:
For me, the highlights were "That Privateer Press Guy", Genny and Christine Robinson's award presentation (they are 8 and 12 years old and won the Best Free Product award last year; they did a grand job of presenting the same award this year).

Hey Morris!

Getting those stares from you at the Ennies and shaking your hand five times was the highlight of GenCon for me...

I had a great time and you and all who helped you put the Ennies on this year deserve a big "Hoody Hoo!" ;-)

Take Care,
Joseph Miller (aka "That Privateer Press Guy" or "Sir Not Supposed to Be Appearing in this Award Ceremony Except as a Cameo for the Monsternomicon" ;-)

PS: Hope to see you all at next year's Ennies...

Last edited:

Remove ads