Morrus' Gen Con Report

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
diaglo said:

it works in reverse too. i take a trip to England (cuz i have family there) at least once every 3 years.

i love it when i meet people there. they say, "You're from the US. Where?" i reply GA. and then they go on about visiting me and renting a car to visit the Grand Canyon.:eek:

:D The question I've been asked a few times when people from other countries find out where I'm from is "Is that close to New York (or LA)?" I've also heard someone say "well, let's just drive over to LA" from Cleveland. Yikes! That's a four day trip of solid driving across the bulk of the country. Fun!

Henry

Autoexreginated
ColonelHardisson said:
The question I've been asked a few times when people from other countries find out where I'm from is "Is that close to New York (or LA)?" I've also heard someone say "well, let's just drive over to LA" from Cleveland. Yikes! That's a four day trip of solid driving across the bulk of the country. Fun!

Many Europeans are so used to locations being so close together that they don't realize that it's as much trouble to drive from Georgia to Los Angeles as it would be to drive from Portugal to the Ukraine!

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Henry said:

Many Europeans are so used to locations being so close together that they don't realize that it's as much trouble to drive from Georgia to Los Angeles as it would be to drive from Portugal to the Ukraine!

That's a very good point.

alsih2o

First Post
Henry said:

russ' roomate, man that was funny. he just kept asking "what else is that big?" :)

diaglo

Adventurer
Henry said:

Brits know how bad driving can be. have you ever driven on the M1?

KnowTheToe

First Post
England, isn't that somewhere on the East Coast? I remember hearing about the state of England or New England in school.

Yes ,I am joking

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
diaglo said:

Brits know how bad driving can be. have you ever driven on the M1?

I think Henry was talking about the sheer distance involved in the trips he was using as examples, not about the relative craziness of the highways.

drothgery

First Post
Henry said:

Well, it might be about the same distance, but I'd think that the Atlanta-LA run would be somewhat less trouble. No national borders to cross, and all the signs are in English. And half the drive is through the Vast Empty Regions between the Mississippi and the west coast.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Morrus said:
By the way, Matt, you made a real impression on Jane. She's frightfully worried she bored you to tears on the Fiday night after the ENnies.
No, no; I thoroughly enjoyed our conversation. We talked for so long that I was a touch afraid that you'd think I was hitting on her - which sounds like happened Satuday night for real. I hope she kicked him in the junk! (And took his wallet to pay for the extra clothes you had to buy!)

Piratecat said:
He always pretends that he's from Texas; don't ask me why. But the cowboy hat and boots - and the lariat - get to be a bit much. :D

Don't forget the spurs. Mmm, spurs. :)

Remove ads