Morrus' Gen Con Report

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Piratecat said:

Seriously? Everyone has seen a spy movie. The coolest part of the spy movie is the car chases. And if you want a new player to have fun, you make them the star. That's what I tried to do.. make the character fun, and let it go from there.

And Jane was fantastic. Morrus, when you end up with a wonderful woman who also happened to be unanimously voted best player at the table, you should try and hang on to her. :D

Well, Kev, you obviously have a magic touch. You have single-handedly turned Jane from a person who was uninterested in RPGs to someone who wants to introduce her sister and her friends to them! She's already asked me if I'd be willing to run a game.

I think I'll enlist Al's assistance, since teaching RPGs to a whole group of people sounds difficult. :)

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
I asked on another thread, but I'll ask here - why the hell don't they send the badges out ahead of time for people who are affiliated with the con in some way? I can't imagine sending out badges ahead of time would be that much of a hardship for the con.

The airline's treatment of you was beyond unacceptable. Next time, I'd take a tramp steamer. The airline better reimburse you for the clothes and the tickets, at the least.

Ashy

First Post
Well, I did get mine in the mail ahead of time. All I had to do was check the "mail to me" box on the registration site as oppossed to "pick up at the con" and it appeared in my mailbox a week or two prior... ;)

Russ, it was great finally meeting you and Jane - sorry you two could not go dancing with me after the White Wolf party Saturday - next time, bring fake ID's! ;)

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Ashy said:
Well, I did get mine in the mail ahead of time. All I had to do was check the "mail to me" box on the registration site as oppossed to "pick up at the con" and it appeared in my mailbox a week or two prior... ;)

Yeah, but the judges and Morrus were comp'ed their badges, and didn't have the option.

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences at the airport and checking in at the convention.

Traveling by plane in the U.S. is becoming a major pain in the butt! I arrived at the airport to return to New York City about 20 minutes before my flight (which is late) and they wouldn't let me board the plane. Before all this security stuff, it would be no problem.

Hopefully, the convention issues will be addressed next year. At least it sounds like you had a good time otherwise. :)

One tip that might be useful for you next time: When I travel abroad, I usually photocopy my passport to show as ID and I've never had a problem so far. In the U.S. though I can imagine it may not work as well, but it's better than nothing! :)

Skarp Hedin

First Post
Morrus said:
Well, Kev, you obviously have a magic touch. You have single-handedly turned Jane from a person who was uninterested in RPGs to someone who wants to introduce her sister and her friends to them!

Man, I should introduce my wife to Piratecat.

Glad you had a good time, Morrus. Sucks about the badges.. I should hope that someone from GenCon would send you some sort of apology for that sort of hassle, it's really quite unbelievable.

Last edited:

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
Morrus said:
Oh, don't get me wrong - I had a great time! If I seemed to be concentrating on nthe negative, it was partly because I thought peple might find the situations amusing. :)
Hah, I know I did!

Didn't people, and the girl who tried to get your number in particular, recognise your accent as not-American? Or do you fake an American accent like I 'fake' my English accent? :)

Rav

Remove ads