Morrus stay out. Okay, fine, you can come in. Everyone else come in too.

pedr

Explorer
2 questions:

I can send it as 'gift' or as 'personal payment owed'. Which is better?

Does it matter what currency I sent it in?

Money Sent.

Once this gets going, perhaps you can give us updates of the total? It would be great to give them the accomodation or even the airfare.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Currently we're at $125. I'll post the list of contributors once I'm home from work. Update: $198.

Hopefully, that was to rnock starting with r n rather than mock starting with m.

Edit: Sent my contribution too.

I edited the first post and the one above to clarify this. Sorry for the confusion.

2 questions:

I can send it as 'gift' or as 'personal payment owed'. Which is better?

Does it matter what currency I sent it in?

I think 'gift' is more accurate, but as long as it's a 'personal' payment as opposed to a 'purchase,' we'll avoid the fees PayPal charges for business transactions. And any currency works, though I think someone always ends up paying a slight currency exchange fee, so it's not worthwhile to send, like, 50 Yen or something.

Last edited:

I figure we'll keep the gift contribution line open until Tuesday night, in case folks want to wait to chip in until after they've figured out how much money they've blown this Labor Day weekend. But I will be politely poking folks who posted up-thread but haven't sent anything in yet.

Thanks to everyone who has helped out with ideas, investment, and enthusiasm. In particular,

Anithri
Bigwilly
Christian
darjr
Dicechild
Dragonlancer
Echohawk
FreeXenon
Gilwen
Hand of Evil
Herremann the Wise (sam)
James
KB9JMQ
Matthew Freeman
Rykion
samursus
SquareKnot
Tortoise
tuxgeo
wedgeski

. . . and . . .

Anonymous (this guy used to post so many scoops on 3rd edition back in the day), plus a few of his relatives also named Anonymous. One of them is from Italy.

Last edited:

Remove ads