Morrus: when does EN world turn 1 year old?

Imperialus

Explorer
I got thinking about this when reading the thread on the pronunciation of EN world and started wondering, does anyone happen to remember the exact date when EN world was launched? I seem to remember it being sometime in Febuary but I could be wrong. Of course I think that Morrus and I are the only two people who are still around who were affiliated with EN world at that point in time so if he doesn't know we might never know EN worlds birthday.

Also Morrus, if you are feeling nostalgic I was rooting through my old files and found the source code for the old white page that we had up on that free server. I'm afraid I'm missing some of the artwork though.

(in case you were wondering I just want to know if I still have time to send flowers across the atlantic ;) )

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
it wasn't even a website at that point in time... it was just a page with a vote counter and a logo... Morrus didn't finish the actual website design for a while after that... Daemonforge was first created back in December of 2000 but we didn't have a webpage for a while.

Aitch Eye

First Post
Since you mentioned "the old white page that we had up on that free server," I assumed that's what you were referring to as the launch. Sorry.

Was the launch you're thinking of when when it was still just dealing with Daemonforge or when the scope was broadened beyond it?

Last edited:

Imperialus

Explorer
well I seem to remember him finishing up the website some time after that, but I could be wrong... Maby I did miss the anneversary.

Psionicist

Explorer
Try this!

EN World as it used to be, dated 24th of February:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010224020446/http://website.lineone.net/~morrus/

At the end of December 2000, Angry Squirrel, a regular of Eric Noah's messageboard forum (and now a Boadrmember of EN World)suggested that we (the forum members) create a D&D setting of our own. There was an enthusiastic response to this, and ideas starting getting thrown around the messageboards in a haphazard fashion. It became apparent that some method of gathering and consolidating all of these excellent ideas was needed, and so, on 1st December 2001 the EN World Board was created.

I think it should read "1st January 2001"

Last edited:

Remove ads