• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Morrus - why people are having board probs

seankreynolds

Adventurer
Morrus -

I sent you this in email a couple of weeks ago but haven't seen it addressed, so I'm posting it here on the off chance there's something hookie between your email and mine.

The reason why some people are having problems posting is because they're still going to the old boards (I know, you know that) ... because the link at the top of the ENworld main page still links you to http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/

The messageboards link in the left sidebar takes you to the new (correct, working) boards but the link at the top takes you to the old ones. If you fix that top-page link then only people using out-of-date bookmarks will still be going to the old boards.

Wolf72

Explorer
isn't that info on the front page as well? :)

I was having those problems ... read the front page, and Poof! It was like morrus was here and fixed my 'puter up for me.

... I remember him mentioning something about not having ever seen Thomas's English Muffins in England :cool:

reapersaurus

Explorer
the address is not the only problem for (at least) a few members.

I have to re-login EVERY single post, and I haven't used cyberstreet's address since the change.
And I've deleted my cookies more times than I can count.

Also, these issues are discussed in fairly deep detail in the Meta Forum.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Which link is that? There is no link at the top of the news page. Are you somehow seeing something I'm not?

Attachments

• screen.JPG
    screen.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 358

seankreynolds

Adventurer
Here is a screenshot. Note the green circles marking a mouseover on the link (upper right), and the address it points to (lower left).

http://www.seankreynolds.com/enworld.jpg

This is using the "Karate" theme. I haven't checked to see if it's present in other themes.

Edit: OK, I just checked and it looks like it (the bar of links, including the link to the old boards) is only in the Karate theme.

Speaking of the Karate theme, you'll notice on the screenshot that the gold-text elements which probably look fine on the black-background theme are very hard to read on Karate, which has a white background. Any plans to change that?

Last edited:

Nifelhein

First Post
Yeah I have said that more than once before.. maybe now that Sean K Reynolds asked about and uses the same theme that I do we will have a readable page...

Just complaining... no big deal, marking the text doesn't hurt that much and besides, I love enworld!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ah, I see! It never occured to me that the other themes were laid out differently. I'll get on it - thanks!

As for the font colour - I have to use a single font colour for quotes, etc. If someone could suggest a colour which works on all themes, I'll certainly give it a try.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads