Most Important Questions to Ask at Session 0

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
How would your characters react when they confront a Fey who flees back to what they call their Refuge and pursuing them they find themselves aboard an ancient spaceship lying on the surface of the moon that orbits their world and their foe walking through an ancient druids grove in essence the only part of the ship that remains habitable where every tree represents the gravestone of a Fey and their foe is the last surviving member of this community.
Killing this Fey dooms your group to a slow painful death as they have no means of returning and the only way to safely return requires they agree to not harm this Fey so it can return them.
And they need to keep this pledge as if this grove dies so does eventually all life on the world below as its existance is dependant on that grove flourishing meaning one day that Fey will seek a replacement guardian the whole reason for their actions on their world.
Sorry all this talk got me thinking.
How would you react if THIS came up in a Session Zero?
I'd probably ask why we're being told all this stuff our characters supposedly did without our input, rather than playing it through in character. Maybe we'd never bother to chase the Fey...

How would your characters react when they confront a Fey who flees back to what they call their Refuge and pursuing them they find themselves aboard an ancient spaceship lying on the surface of the moon that orbits their world and their foe walking through an ancient druids grove in essence the only part of the ship that remains habitable where every tree represents the gravestone of a Fey and their foe is the last surviving member of this community.
Killing this Fey dooms your group to a slow painful death as they have no means of returning and the only way to safely return requires they agree to not harm this Fey so it can return them.
And they need to keep this pledge as if this grove dies so does eventually all life on the world below as its existance is dependant on that grove flourishing meaning one day that Fey will seek a replacement guardian the whole reason for their actions on their world.
Sorry all this talk got me thinking.
How would you react if THIS came up in a Session Zero?
Tell the GM to e-mail me how the campaign played out, since obviously my participation is neither needed nor desired.

That is such a lame concept on so many levels. Aramis nailed the GM's problem.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
We're not even at the point where we know what game system, campaign style, etc., that we're going to play.
I usually settle these things before session 0, and use session 0 for character generation. Often some players will make their characters before the game, and then they help those making the characters at the table. Then it is a run down of the rules, going over any house rules, personal preference is for three max, so usually it is two house rules, and one ad hoc floating. Maybe test out combats, or other subsystems, esp if character specific, such as abilities. Equipment shopping finishes the sesh. Next session is 1.) start of the adventure/campaign.

Remove ads