Most Outrageous Weapons

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The Sword of Normality - an intelligent sword that looked like a cruedly forged iron bar with a bad hilt. It's special powers were +5 ranks Profession Innkeeper, +5 Profession Farmer.
+ Bane, far realm & detect far realm 60'. It wanted its owner to retire and become a commoner, it used empathy to make inns feel comfortable and adventuring tasks (camping, puttin on armor etc) more tedious.

Sword of Choosing -
given by the gods to a PC with 18 str, Dx, & Cn. Crafted by Kervan? the Lord of Swords (GH quasi deity?) to encourage the PC to give up thievery and remain a fighter. It could shoot lighting, at the cost of non-magical healing damage. It failed utterly to inspire self-sacrifice or courage, and the special power was used once-ish. Meanwhile the character burned out a wand of wonder. ah. middle school.

I made up a set of "artifact" daggers - which were +2 and had seldomly used powers.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
I had a fighter/cleric of Bacchus and my DM gave him a +3 triple flail that produced a Wand of Wonder type effect whenever he made a critical hit. All the effects were changed to be somehow related to wine or Bacchus.

Whenever the party encountered a group of enemies that had arranged themselves in a relatively straight row or column the player with the wizard would say he wanted to summon a storm giant... sideways. ;)
It became a running gag, but he was never allowed to do it.

Enamel_32

First Post
In a short campaign I played in, the DM allowed one of our PCs, a wandering pelt merchant, to have a bow of wonder. It worked like a rod of wonder, and sort of like the imbue arrow ability for the arcane archer. The battles were all very unique because of it.

Richards

Legend
The latest freebie Portable Hole Full of Beer PDF has two dozen "Magic WeaPuns" I created, along the lines of a cutlass supreme, hot rod, ice sickle, turn pike, flag staff, and food chain. Each one has powers based on its "pun" name, but each also has an alternate, non-goofy name so it can be used as a perfectly sensible magic weapon.

Johnathan

Fieari

Explorer
I was always fond of the +5 Humanoid-Bane Shocking Thundering Keen Vorpal Scimitar of Excessively Eager Great Cleaving that FORCES the user to cleave after a kill. If there are no valid enemy targets, a friendly one will have to do. If there are no valid targets whatsoever, then you attack yourself.

Bront

The man with the probe
My favorite odd weapon was the +1 Ghost Touch Bastard Sword of Throwing and Returning. It was an... interesting item.

Remove ads