Most Outrageous Weapons

Tuzenbach

First Post
Tinner said:
We had a player who continuously pestered the DM for a flaming sword.
Every games session, and multiple times per sessions. "I want a flaming sword!" over and over.
So finally the DM relented, and gave him a flaming sword.
A cursed, flamingly gay intelligent sword named Mary.
Mary had an incrediblely high Ego score, and forced the player to cross-dress, and prance about in a very stereotypical gay fashion. He deserved it. :D
I recall a friend of mine talk of something similar. The party found a sword that was either glowing pink or in a pink scabbard or some damn thing. Anyway, it turns out to be the "Gay Blade", whatever that is. It's wielder eventually becomes gay and the sword's cursed so you can't get rid of it.

The Shaman

First Post
Tinner said:
So finally the DM relented, and gave him a flaming sword.
A cursed, flamingly gay intelligent sword named Mary.
Mary had an incrediblely high Ego score, and forced the player to cross-dress, and prance about in a very stereotypical gay fashion.
Tuzenbach said:
The party found a sword that was either glowing pink or in a pink scabbard or some damn thing. Anyway, it turns out to be the "Gay Blade", whatever that is. It's wielder eventually becomes gay and the sword's cursed so you can't get rid of it.
:\
How effing lame.

the Jester

Legend
Okay, so let's cast our minds back to 1e... the early days... and to Nick.

Nick was a sword, iirc- can't recall his properties for the most part, but the relevent one was that he was schizophrenic (in the 1e DMG sense of the word). And in each of his different identities he had different abilities and powers. For example, in one of his forms he was a +2 spear that could fly. (No, not cast fly on the wielder- you had to just hold on!) Another of his forms was a magical feather duster that could destroy earth elementals like you wouldn't believe, but his name was really long in that form and he would refuse to do your bidding if you didn't address him by name and pronounce it correctly.

Later, in 2e, I gave a pc a magical rosebush attached to a handle that did 1d20 divided by 1d8 points of damage.

Ahh, good times. :)

BlueBlackRed

Explorer
I was in a game once where an intelligant longsword had multiple personalities.
Every morning you roll a d8 determine what bonuses/penalties/personalities.
It's name was Cybill.

Jack of Shadows

First Post
Heh,

I once playing in a tourney adventure where my monk had a ball of bowling. When you rolled it at hordes of enemies it would knock them all down. Sort of a trip attempt against the target and everyone adjacent to the target and then everyone adjacent to them. If I remember correctly the one place I actually used it in the adventure had gutters and after throwing the ball returned by rolling down said gutters.

Jack

William Ronald

Explorer
The Shaman said:
How effing lame.

Agreed, but sadly predictable.

As for odd weapon traits, the singing sword with hiccups does seem a bit weird. Of course, one unpopular weapon would be one that would allow the weapon to replicate the stench of a troglodyte. (Your character and everyone around him or her must make fort saves tor resist nausea.)

Tuzenbach

First Post
The Shaman said:
How effing lame.
Definitely! I suppose things like this are for either:

1) Very young/immature gamers

or

2) Players/DMs with severe homophobia

But it's OK. One day humanity with be a more wise and respectable race of beings.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
There were a series of items made of magic bread. The Loaf of... series. The most remarkable one was the Loaf of Beating, which was actually a slab of iron cleverly disguised to look like a baguette. It was intended to be inserted into an assortment of breads in a market stall. It had two powers:
1. It had a compulsion effect on it such that if you were interested in bread, you overlook the Loaf when choosing which bread you wanted to buy, and if you were interested in stealing anything at all in the market, if you laid eyes on the loaf, you had to save or be compelled to steal it.
2. If lifted by someone without pronouncing the command word, it animated as a +3 dancing merciful club which beat the would-be thief into unconsciousness while screaming "Stop Thief!"

Rockwolf66

First Post
Well back when 3.0 came out my Teifling Rogue/Shadowdancer got her hands on a +5 Vorpal short sword. Needless to say that things got very interesting as She did her best not to leave a trail of bodies as everything and it's mother would want that sword.

Remove ads