Most Stereotypical Knight Ever!

Donutboy

First Post
Hi all. I've been working on creating a Knight, and I realized how akin they are to the knights of the movies. So, I now enlist your help in creating the most honorable, reliable, stereotypical knight ever!
I already know some basic reqs:
Race=Most likely human
Class=Knight (obviously)
Required Equipment=Plate Armor, Helmet, Gauntlets, Big Sword of some kind, Horse
Required Skills=Needs ranks in Ride
If you can come up with anything else to make my knight more stereotypical, fire away.

John Blackwood

First Post
When I think of a knight I think of someone who has sworn a number of oaths to rulers, people, and Ideals. He must hold himself strictly to a code of conduct and he must never waver in his duty. He is a slave to these things and it would be better to die than to fail.

If I were making stereotypical knight build I'd take all the combat form feats in the PH2.

In fact I made a character just like that once but his personality was not stereotypical, neither was his gear. He had a good dex and breastplate armor. I sadly never got to play him though.

anest1s

First Post
Hi all. I've been working on creating a Knight, and I realized how akin they are to the knights of the movies. So, I now enlist your help in creating the most honorable, reliable, stereotypical knight ever!
I already know some basic reqs:
Race=Most likely human
Class=Knight (obviously)
Required Equipment=Plate Armor, Helmet, Gauntlets, Big Sword of some kind, Horse
Required Skills=Needs ranks in Ride
If you can come up with anything else to make my knight more stereotypical, fire away.

Heraldic shield, Lance with a banner tied to it when not used (or when carried by your cohort) (at higher levels you should hire a wizard to cast gust of wind to make if flap when you want to get the attention of a lady), full plate for your warhorse to match, the previously mentioned cohort wearing no armor at all, a donkey for your cohort, a princess to save, a dragon to kill.....and you are ready I think.

(if there are no princess or dragons around, I am sure you can find some windmills...)

Also, not giving a name to your horse and/or your sword is so no-cliche that you get exp penalty for not doing it. <--edit: I think I failed a roll here

Icyshadowlord

First Post
Question: Do you mean a stereotypical Fantasy Setting knight, or a stereotypical gritty "realistic" knight?

Because I have seen people who play Paladins just because they think a Paladin is "the epitome of knightly order and behaviour" while others want to be play a Knight who's basically a complete tosser with authority to do as he pleases.

Alexander123

First Post
Yes, make sure that the knight has a code of conduct, kind of like the Oath and the Measure of the Knights of Solamnia from Dragonlance.

I feel that the Dragonlance novels portrayal of the Knights of Solamnia and of Sturm Brightblade really captures the essence of knighthood and of being a knight.

Remove ads