• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Most Veristal char

concerro

Explorer
Could be the bard, inquisitor, druid also.
Are you trying to play in a group or run a PC in a game in which you are the only player.

Empirate

First Post
First off, welcome to ENWorld.

Second, Wizard.

Third, the reason you get acerbic single-word responses is that your post is incredibly thin on information, too. If you want people to give advice backed up by deep and well hought-out analysis, you need to give us a little more to work with. Furthermore, politeness and a little bit of spellchecking never hurt.

"Hi guys, I'm new and hope you might help me out a bit with the following: I have this campaign upcoming in which... The other characters in the party are... I'm looking to fill the following role:... I was wondering if the XYZ class might be a good fit because... I've already looked into..., but I'm still uncertain on... The following rules material is allowed:... The following houserules are in effect:..."

That's the way to go about it.

SSuser

Explorer
Welcome Biz.

From my experience, the wizard, inquisitor, or the druid are probably the most versatile classes in the game. It would depend mostly on your playing style, to narrow it down any further.

hought-out & houserules

Yeah, a little bit of spellchecking never hurt. Hey pot, kettle much?

At least the post was not CaPiTaL CrAzY.

Bizquit71

First Post
Sorry i guess i didn't think that far ahead, the compain we are working on is some thing my buddy made up and we currently have a sniper, fighter, witch/ranger, and undecided and w/e i pick. i was looking for a verisital class to benefit everyone as a whole but i haven't fingered out the casting in the game so well so Ive stuck to classes like fighter, rogue, ranger,etc.....
Trying to avoid bard because my DM don't like them.

SSuser

Explorer
Then my suggestion is the inquisitor. It has a small amount of casting, but spells are not the focus of the class. You can buff the group with abilities, and still stand your own. It will also help you to slowly learn the magic system.

VanceMadrox

First Post
Trying to avoid bard because my DM don't like them.

What doesn't your DM like about Bards?

If it's the whole performance angle then take a look at the Archaeologist Archetype from Ultimate Combat.

May be the single most verstaile and well rounded class.

3/4 BaB, 2 Good saves, spellcasting (and the Bard list isn't too bad), Evasion, magical trap finding, Rogue talents, great skills set, lots of skills, able to wear armor, lots of goodness.

Bizquit71

First Post
What doesn't your DM like about Bards?

If it's the whole performance angle then take a look at the Archaeologist Archetype from Ultimate Combat.

May be the single most verstaile and well rounded class.

3/4 BaB, 2 Good saves, spellcasting (and the Bard list isn't too bad), Evasion, magical trap finding, Rogue talents, great skills set, lots of skills, able to wear armor, lots of goodness.

LOL idk if its a hate but he says if u make one you gotta sing when u cast spells and stuff and i think its a bardic knowledge thing

Remove ads