• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mounts for an Epic Dwarven Paladin

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Change your paladins name to Paul Atradies: then a purple worm, with hooks under its plates to steer it and keep it above ground. :)

A giant with a small rucksack.

Or more seriously:

An earth elemental of some sort could be pretty cool.

Obvious, but a Dragon?

Alaska Roberts

First Post
Holy Father there is an answer ! ! !

WOW, I don't don't check for a day and my message has 16 posts, my god people, that's why I post here with problems!!!!!!

Ok seriously I guess the dire mole or variation there of could work, but i was hoping for more underground creatures to choose from.

mmmm Celestial Dire Boar...now that's good eatin.

I dunno bugs and paladins or dwarves for that matter... just doesnt seem like a match to me. But that's just me.

Blind Ostrich... have you lost your bloody mind?

Paul Atradies: then a purple worm...... ummm.. I don't get it? I know I'm going to feel like an ass for this but, what?

An Axiomatic Legendary Badger? What in the name of all that's holy is that? DO post stat block please :)

Deep Dragon? Again DO post stat block please :)

Once again you have proven my faith in gamers as a whole. This is probably the biggest thing about DM'ing that drives me crazy is when I can't find, think of, or figure out what to use in a given situation, so thats why I come to EN World Forums... to get the answers.

Alaska

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Alaska Roberts said:
Blind Ostrich... have you lost your bloody mind?

Exactly! It should be a flying ostrich, not a blind ostrich.

Blind ostrich is just silly.

Paul Atradies: then a purple worm...... ummm.. I don't get it? I know I'm going to feel like an ass for this but, what?

Read Dune. Or watch the movie. Or watch the miniseries.

"Stilgar - do we have wormsign?"
"Ha! Usul, we have wormsign the likes of which even God has never seen!"

An Axiomatic Legendary Badger? What in the name of all that's holy is that? DO post stat block please :)

Axiomatic is a template, similar to Celestial or Fiendish, but for Lawful planes.

I think you'll find it in Manual of the Planes.

Legendary animals are from Masters of the Wild... they're supposed to be the original, perfect specimens of their race. You're talking 14 hit dice horses and the like. They're the same size as normal animals; they're just kickass.

-Hyp.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Alaska Roberts said:
I want a different type of mount for a 24th level Paladin... any suggestions?
Also would like it to be an underground creature type (non-flying) preferable, and not super gigantic, he is a dwarf after all.

Thanks in advance.

Alaska

Hmm, I would stick to something that would live and grow up around dwarves like badgers, moles, or any other earth-dwelling animal. Add the Dire Template, from Necromancer Games, to any small or medium animal or magical beast and then add on the Warbeast Template, from MM II.

Dire badger warbeast... :)

Remove ads