Pathfinder 1E Mournlands eberron

Ezequielramone

Explorer
Well, I'm running a small campaign in eberron using the short modules from 3.5 era that follow the forgotten forge example adventure from the campaign setting.
This is my first time in eberron... In the CS just says that "natural healing and healing magic from magic subschool doesn't work" in the mournlands.
I don't remember if 3.5 has channel energy. But pathfinder has it. Since it is positive energy and not just magic, can my characters use it? Can warforged fix themselves when companions sleep? Can I use the heal skill? How can they heal themselves?
Thanks for your time.

delericho

Legend
For obvious reasons, there are no official answers to this. My take:

I would apply the same restrictions to Channel Energy as exist for healing magic. That is, it doesn't work. (But see below.)

And, as I understand it, the heal skill just accelerates natural healing, rather than restoring hit points directly. As such, I wouldn't allow that to work, either.

However, Warforged should indeed be able to repair themselves, since that's not healing as such. (Indeed, this is probably the reason the Lord of Blades operates there.)

All that said, I'm inclined to think the "no magical healing" rule is excessively harsh, and indeed significantly reduces the utility of the Mournland as an adventuring setting. Therefore, I'm generally inclined to instead say this is impeded, and that the caster must make a Caster Level Check (DC 20) for the spell/Channel Energy to take effect. But that moves beyond simple rulings and into the realm of house rules.

Kinak

First Post
I'd agree with delericho. The same rules should apply to channel energy and other supernatural healing.

Warforged can definitely repair themselves (and be repaired by the appropriate spells). For the Heal skill, Long Term Care definitely wouldn't work, but I'd actually consider allowing Treat Deadly Wounds.

Personally, I'd stick with the no magical healing. It allows you to have an outdoor adventure with encounters spread out over days that isn't completely trivialized by magical healing. Just be careful :)

Cheers!
Kinak

Ezequielramone

Explorer
Obviously this is not a place to set a campaign. But can be used as a hazard. Something that makes encounters more difficult and I always like make players deal with problems outside their comfortable zone....
So... They will have to use vampiric touch or goodberry. I don't remember if infernal healing is for the healing subschool.

Remove ads