D&D 5E Moving ASI; Moving HP, Moving Alignment, & Moving Move Speed

Just hear me out. Since we're talking about reconstructing an entirely new system with the movement of ASI's, what if:

• We move ASI's to a mixture of race, class and background
  • We move HP to race
  • We move alignment to background
  • We move move speed to class
  • Remove all racial features

Explanation:
  • All characters are given +3 for stats. A +1 for race that goes in anything they choose, a +1 for class that goes in a choice of three attributes, and a +1 for background that goes in a choice of three. Starting stats are all the same, two 16's, two 12's, two 8's. Max anyone can attain at first level is 16 - even with bonuses.
  • Race's provide the hit points. It would not be just the biggest gets more. It might be a halfling's lucky means they are a d10 instead of a d6.
  • Rewrite backgrounds (and provide more of them) to where the character's past is a reflection of their beliefs, morals and morays
  • Let class determine speed; rogues and barbarians are 35', classes that do not train as much in physicality are slower
  • Remove all racial features except appearance.

Coroc

Hero
Just hear me out. Since we're talking about reconstructing an entirely new system with the movement of ASI's, what if:

• We move HP to race

Explanation:
  • All characters are given +3 for stats. A +1 for race that goes in anything they choose, a +1 for class that goes in a choice of three attributes, and a +1 for background that goes in a choice of three. Starting stats are all the same, two 16's, two 12's, two 8's. Max anyone can attain at first level is 16 - even with bonuses.
  • Race's provide the hit points. It would not be just the biggest gets more. It might be a halfling's lucky means they are a d10 instead of a d6.
  • Rewrite backgrounds (and provide more of them) to where the character's past is a reflection of their beliefs, morals and morays
  • Let class determine speed; rogues and barbarians are 35', classes that do not train as much in physicality are slower

" Race's provide the hit points. It would not be just the biggest gets more. It might be a halfling's lucky means they are a d10 instead of a d6."

That is the most odd suggestion I heard in the whole make-everyone-equal- discussion.

jasper

Rotten DM
All stats start at 10. Weapons do damage base on your size. d4 for halfling gnome, d6 of elf/dwarf. d8 for human/orc/dragonborn/tiefling, d8 for the other playable races.
Hit pionts are D6 for man size or small D8 for larger than man size.
Max stat is 20 and a hard limit. No wish, no magic etc can break it. If you break you automatically become a chose one by your gawd and are a npc.

Coroc

Hero
All stats start at 10. Weapons do damage base on your size. d4 for halfling gnome, d6 of elf/dwarf. d8 for human/orc/dragonborn/tiefling, d8 for the other playable races.
Hit pionts are D6 for man size or small D8 for larger than man size.
Max stat is 20 and a hard limit. No wish, no magic etc can break it. If you break you automatically become a chose one by your gawd and are a npc.

Nah now you are being naughty to the small people :p

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
This kind of change would definitely not be for me. Races should grant some features besides size and HP. Dwarven poison resistance, elvish trance, halfling nimbleness... I wouldn’t want those removed.

ccs

41st lv DM

• We move HP to race

Explanation:

I think you should keep your day job as your changrs are nonsensical.
You want to move some ASIs & HP to race. But then you want to remove all racial features except appease.
So how's this character work with no HP?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Racial Hit Dice might be interesting...

Half-orcs and Goliaths have d12 hit dice regardless of class.
Dwarves and Tieflings have d10 hit dice regardless of class.
Elves and Humans have d8 hit dice regardless of class.
Gnomes and Halflings have d6 hit dice regardless of class.

And so on. I think this could be an interesting way of doing it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases