Moving into occupied square

Bayuer

First Post
"Enemy: You normally can’t move through an enemy’s space unless that enemy is helpless or two size categories larger or smaller than you.
Moving into a nonhelpless enemy’s space provokes an opportunity attack from that enemy, because you left a square adjacent to the enemy. (Some powers let you move through an enemy’s square without provoking an opportunity attack.)"

So am I reading it right. You can move through enemies square, but you provoke Opportunity Attack from them?

Last edited:

aco175

Legend
I thought I seen a few powers that let monsters/pc's go through enemies squares as long as they ended in regular squares, and most I think do not provoke atks. Not that I remember what ones they are or where I seen them ;)

Infiniti2000

First Post
A slight tangent, can you move through squares occupied by an insubstantial enemy (medium)? We had that happen last week, when the wraith was invisible so the Warden didn't see him.

Mahali

Explorer
A slight tangent, can you move through squares occupied by an insubstantial enemy (medium)? We had that happen last week, when the wraith was invisible so the Warden didn't see him.

Nope. Phasing allows them to move through you, not you to move through them.

eamon

Explorer
Nope. Phasing allows them to move through you, not you to move through them.

However, the unseen opponent might let them pass voluntarily. If the enemy intentionally gets out of your way (effectively treating you as an ally for the purposes of the move), I'd let you pass through the square.

And if the enemy doesn't let you pass; well, at least you've found the hidden enemy's square :).

Remove ads