D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Reading this, and finding the error, would be much easier if you post it somewhere that uses JavaScript syntax highlighting, like Gist.GitHub.com. That way, you would see that the " on line 59 are causing the issue. You removed the backslashes in front of the quotation marks that indicate feet.

You have:
Code:
height : " range from 5 to over 6 feet tall (4'9" + 2d8")",

While it should be:
Code:
height : " range from 5 to over 6 feet tall (4'9\" + 2d8\")",

Because the quotation marks signal the end of a string and when there is a backslash in front of it, they are 'escaped' as it is called, they no longer signal the end of a string.

Also, you don't have a closing curly bracket } for the "faerie fire" feature.

For making your code more readable and condensed, I suggest removing all the comments (everthing after //) and removing empty lines.

Also, you set 'prepared' to true while also setting 'atwill' to true. You can't have both, as 'prepared' adds a checkbox in the first column, while 'atwill' adds the 'At Will' text in the first column. They are mutually exclusive.

You don't need a sortname if it is the same as the name.

Your regExpSearch can be simplified to just:
Code:
/moonfolk/i,
as this will match if that one word is in the string. You only need the complex syntax if you want to match more than one word, in any order. One word can't have an order, so you can just do it like this :)

You are using languageProfs wrong. It is a one-dimensional array, not an array with arrays in it. If the language is fixed, just write the name of the language as a string. If the language is a choice, you write a number of how many choices can be used. So you should make it:
Code:
languageProfs : ["Moonspeak", "Common"],

I fixed your code and put it in a GitHub Gist here.

Thank you! Ironically I think the error with the " was introduced when I removed comments.

Ugh. Silly wizards of the coast removing perfectly good things from their site...

Is there an easy way to edit/add things to the sheet? Like more skills to the list etc. if I have some home brew things?
You can modify almost everything on the sheet. Most of it using the import functionality. Check out the /r/MPMB subreddit and my GitHub for information. I would link it here if I want writing this on my phone.

Nimrod Yanai

Villager
You can modify almost everything on the sheet. Most of it using the import functionality. Check out the /r/MPMB subreddit and my GitHub for information. I would link it here if I want writing this on my phone.

Wow, awesome!

I am working on a new Wheel of Time group which would require some specific modifications. If it all works on importing, it should be relatively easy :p
Just need to add and remove some skills, change some spells, etc.

Thank you!

neoldobyss

First Post
Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod Yanai Viewed Post: Why is this no longer available in the Dungeon Masters Guild?

because his automatic operations were starting to cost them book and D&D beyond subscription value as it treated as the empirical "allowed" rules of the pass within an Independent PDF outside of the control as now have to "change" the old the rules to reflecting the new "digital" needs from their newer products in their books and D&D beyond subscription values. so he got the tower of silence treatment to die unspoken "I am guessing this by note about the unheard and unseen event" as to avoid say out-loud that his character was getting just too good at being a free to low cost competitor for their same "corp." newer products.

Last edited:

flika10

First Post
Just wondering - is there a plan now that Microsoft is retiring Adobe Reader? Will the sheets be compatible with any other program? I'd love to use them for my upcoming game but I don't want to spend time in them only to lose access on the 15th.

pdegan2814

First Post
Just wondering - is there a plan now that Microsoft is retiring Adobe Reader? Will the sheets be compatible with any other program? I'd love to use them for my upcoming game but I don't want to spend time in them only to lose access on the 15th.

Huh? Microsoft doesn't own Adobe, how would they "retire" it? Please cite your source for this information.

flika10

First Post
Huh? Microsoft doesn't own Adobe, how would they "retire" it? Please cite your source for this information.

Sorry, they're retiring use of it on Windows 10 devices. Screenshot (3).jpg
That's a screenshot I just took, having downloaded and opened one of the character sheets in Reader.
If the picture doesn't work, here's a link to an article about it: https://www.onmsft.com/news/microsoft-ending-support-for-its-windows-8-10-reader-app

I'm not terribly well-versed in technology so maybe I'm missing something? Please lmk if I'm just being dumb lol

Sorry, they're retiring use of it on Windows 10 devices. View attachment 93822
That's a screenshot I just took, having downloaded and opened one of the character sheets in Reader.
If the picture doesn't work, here's a link to an article about it: https://www.onmsft.com/news/microsoft-ending-support-for-its-windows-8-10-reader-app

I'm not terribly well-versed in technology so maybe I'm missing something? Please lmk if I'm just being dumb lol
I can't read anything in the screenshot, but that might just be because I'm on mobile. The article you linked to is taking about the Microsoft Reader App. The sheet doesn't work in that app. You can open the sheets in any PDF reader, including the Microsoft Reader App and Microsoft Edge, but the sheets automation only works in Adobe Acrobat.

You can use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, for which the are no plans to discontinue as far as I know and even if there were, Microsoft can't stop you from installing the most recent version of it. You can get it here for free: http://get.adobe.com/reader

Last edited:

Remove ads