• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Sirarbee

First Post
Hi there. I just upgraded to Excel 2016, and now when I try to export my spell list to .pdf, it says its missing the macro. Any help with this issue?

Has anyone else had Adobe Acrobat DC stop working while using the MPMB's Character Sheet v10.43? I've had this happen several times and have no clue why its doing it.
I have had Adobe Acrobat DC Pro crash several times while working with my sheets. I haven't really found a pattern to the crashes and they don't seem to be related to the code, because that all checks out. The only thing that I notice is that it happens when I have multiple sheets open or when I open a menu and alt-tab to another window without first closing the menu. Other than that, I just think it is some wrong memory allocation of the Acrobat program that doesn't work so well together with the JavaScript my sheet uses. It might also be that I had some other programs running simultaneously that interfere (like having a JavaScript heavy web page open such as Roll20).

Other than these possibilities, I don't really know what might be causing it.

Hi there. I just upgraded to Excel 2016, and now when I try to export my spell list to .pdf, it says its missing the macro. Any help with this issue?
If Excel says it is missing a macro that is probably because you no longer have macros enabled in the sheet. Please check these things:
  1. Does it happen if you download the spell sheet again and open that?
  2. Did you enable the macros when opening the file (you should get a pop-up or yellow bar at the top asking you for permission)?
  3. Do you have macros enabled in Excel, or do Excel's security settings disallow them?
  4. Is the extension of the file you are using .xltm or .xlsm? (The "m" at the end stands for "macro", if it is an "x" than your file doesn't have any macros. If you want to you can save my sheet as a non-macro enabled sheet and this will effectively remove all the macros.)
  5. Do you have support for any other macros or just not for creating a pdf? (Regarding this, do you mean that you are exporting to pdf using a pdf printer, or with the green button in the dialog?)

Please let me know if the above list of questions helps in any way :)

Sirarbee

First Post
If Excel says it is missing a macro that is probably because you no longer have macros enabled in the sheet. Please check these things:
  1. Does it happen if you download the spell sheet again and open that?
  2. Did you enable the macros when opening the file (you should get a pop-up or yellow bar at the top asking you for permission)?
  3. Do you have macros enabled in Excel, or do Excel's security settings disallow them?
  4. Is the extension of the file you are using .xltm or .xlsm? (The "m" at the end stands for "macro", if it is an "x" than your file doesn't have any macros. If you want to you can save my sheet as a non-macro enabled sheet and this will effectively remove all the macros.)
  5. Do you have support for any other macros or just not for creating a pdf? (Regarding this, do you mean that you are exporting to pdf using a pdf printer, or with the green button in the dialog?)

Please let me know if the above list of questions helps in any way :)[/QUOTE]

Macros are enabled, but I'm getting an error after opening v7.63, maybe that's the problem? It says it was having problems opening the file, and then repaired it by saying, as follows: "Removed Part: /xl/vbaProject.bin part. (Visual Basic for Applications (VBA))"

Macros are enabled, but I'm getting an error after opening v7.63, maybe that's the problem? It says it was having problems opening the file, and then repaired it by saying, as follows: "Removed Part: /xl/vbaProject.bin part. (Visual Basic for Applications (VBA))"
That means that Excel removed all the macros upon opening the file. I also run Excel 2016 and have no issues. Do you also encounter this problem if you again download a new Spell Sheet from the download page and open that one?

What program did you use to unpack the zip that the Excel came in? You might get better results by trying a different program (or just use Windows, it should have no problem).

You can also try to update your Excel (using windows update, just make sure you selected to update all Microsoft products) and see if that helps.

Other than that, I don't know what might be the problem. It might be that there is something else wrong with your MS office installation, operating system, or the like. What operating system are you running? And what version of MS office 2016 (language, 64-bit)?

EDIT: I did some research and I found that some MS Office installations screw up the installation of Visual Basic and, as a result of that, cause these kind of errors. You can repair your Office installation by following these steps: https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...lication-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

However, this might not be the problem in your case, Sirarbee, but maybe it'll help!

Last edited:

ragnin

First Post
I have had Adobe Acrobat DC Pro crash several times while working with my sheets. I haven't really found a pattern to the crashes and they don't seem to be related to the code, because that all checks out. The only thing that I notice is that it happens when I have multiple sheets open or when I open a menu and alt-tab to another window without first closing the menu. Other than that, I just think it is some wrong memory allocation of the Acrobat program that doesn't work so well together with the JavaScript my sheet uses. It might also be that I had some other programs running simultaneously that interfere (like having a JavaScript heavy web page open such as Roll20).

Other than these possibilities, I don't really know what might be causing it.

Ya, what you described is pretty much what I was doing when it would seize up. Usually had multiple PDFs open along with firefox and was alt-tabbing a lot. Strangely I got through 5 hours of roll20 session without it happening even with multiple pdfs open and lots of window switching. But I think the problem might have more to due with Adobe then the sheet. I was just hoping someone may have had a solution. Thanks for the response though.

Ya, what you described is pretty much what I was doing when it would seize up. Usually had multiple PDFs open along with firefox and was alt-tabbing a lot. Strangely I got through 5 hours of roll20 session without it happening even with multiple pdfs open and lots of window switching. But I think the problem might have more to due with Adobe then the sheet. I was just hoping someone may have had a solution. Thanks for the response though.
The problem is definitely with Acrobat, which, unfortunately, means I can't remedy it for you. Am I correct in assuming that, because you have multiple sheets open with roll20 active, you probably don't alter a lot in these sheets while playing, but they are there just for reference (as in a DM having the sheets of his players open)? If so, you could try disabling the JavaScript in Acrobat when you use it like this. Possibly that might help with it freezing, but obviously you won't be able to use any of the sheet's automation while JavaScript is disabled.

neoldobyss

First Post
(Has anyone else had Adobe Acrobat DC stop working while using the MPMB's Character Sheet v10.43? I've had this happen several times and have no clue why its doing it.)

it seem the the sheet in the reader really does not like to "share" within memory with any pdf's and I have notice this for all the version of the player character sheet down into 9's when I used the player for the first time

for MPMB when use the player character in phone how much of will still work knowing that Java window will fail in programing abilities

for MPMB when use the player character in phone how much of will still work knowing that Java window will fail in programing abilities
I didn't really try it, but I would expect next to nothing. As you might have seen, I put in an option to "Flatten" the form so you can use it on your phone/tablet without running the risk of altering stuff that would affect the JavaScript functions.

Clancey

First Post
A friend suggested his sheet, but when I try and load it on my Mac I get a non-removable java script introductory file that doesn't allow me to access the sheet. I tried moving this to the side but get that damn "boink" sound when I try and use it. Any suggestions?

Remove ads