D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

A friend suggested his sheet, but when I try and load it on my Mac I get a non-removable java script introductory file that doesn't allow me to access the sheet. I tried moving this to the side but get that damn "boink" sound when I try and use it. Any suggestions?
I am sorry to read that the sheet is not working for you. Unfortunately I don't own any Mac devices and can't test my work on any, so I'm not sure what might be a miss.

What do you mean by "JavaScript introductory file"? Do you mean the welcome message? On Windows, that message has an 'OK' button on the bottom, but I don't know how they appear up on a Mac. It is possible that your vertical resolution is too low for the entire dialog to be shown and that the 'OK' button is hidden off-screen. If that's the case, pressing enter should be all you have to do. If this doesn't help, I would suggest you make a screenshot and post it here so I can have a better understanding of what is happening.

Clancey

First Post
Feeling a bit sheepish. I tried many ways to make the welcome message go away, but did not press enter. That did, indeed, cure the problem.

Something else cropped up whilst entering data. My character has a +2 Greatsword, but I could not find a way to upgrade my "to hit" and "damage" modifiers. I entered +2 Greatsword under magic items, but that did not change the Attacks column. Any hints?

pdegan2814

First Post
Feeling a bit sheepish. I tried many ways to make the welcome message go away, but did not press enter. That did, indeed, cure the problem.

Something else cropped up whilst entering data. My character has a +2 Greatsword, but I could not find a way to upgrade my "to hit" and "damage" modifiers. I entered +2 Greatsword under magic items, but that did not change the Attacks column. Any hints?

Put it in as "Greatsword +2" in the attacks section, and it should add the bonus to both the attack & damage modifier. I have a "dagger +1" like that, and it works fine.

devincutler

Explorer

Tray "greatsword +2" instead of "+2 greatsword"

After a little hiatus of working on this sheet it is time for a big upgrade! Now you can hide/add pages to the document, even more than before!

The next feature I'm thinking about is a adventurer's log for the Adventurers League. What do you guys think, is that something that would be useful?

MPMB's Character Sheet v10.5 (8-4-2016) with the following changelog:
  • NEW FEATURE: Added the option to hide pages (see the “Layout” button/bookmark)
  • NEW FEATURE: Added the option to make additional ‘Companion’, ‘Notes’, and ‘Wild Shapes’ pages
  • Changed the “Hide Lines” buttons on the ‘Companion’ and ‘Notes’ to one button each, that summons a menu
  • Added dialogs that show the progress of certain operations that can take some time (such as applying race, class, color scheme, etc. etc.)
  • Changed the bookmarks to refer to fields instead of page locations, making it so that pressing a bookmark will send you to the correct field instead of to a page view
  • Amended the introduction screen to show that it can be closed by pressing ENTER
  • Fixed some things in the code (mainly for speeding up the adding of class levels)

Put it in as "Greatsword +2" in the attacks section, and it should add the bonus to both the attack & damage modifier. I have a "dagger +1" like that, and it works fine.

Tray "greatsword +2" instead of "+2 greatsword"

Thank you pdegan2814 and devincutler for helping Clancey with this! Because of your comments I found a bug in the code that wouldn't recognize the "+2" (or any other bonus) if it is at the start of the line. The code was looking for a white space in front of the "+" (or "-"). I will fix this in the next version!

Also, as a responds to Clancey, take a look at the functionality of the "Mods" button (or "Modifiers" bookmark). That will make a big number of fields appear that allow you to add modifiers to the calculated values. That way you can, for example, only add 2 damage to an attack without changing the to hit.

XionDarkfir in the download comment section said:
This is absolutely amazing I recommend it to all of my friends AAA+ Would have up voted it but the site keeps kicking out an error. However I did favorite it!
Great to hear! More in-person recommendations to other players is exactly what my project needs, so please keep up the good work!

As for not being able to upvote, the site has a bug in it that kills this functionality. The up-vote has html as such:
Code:
<a href="javascript://" name="rating" data-direction="1" data-="" downloadid="1180">
There is a class "data-" and "downloadid", but it should be one class called "data-downloadid". An erroneous line break has caused this error. Unfortunately the site moderator does not do any of the coding and instead relies on commercial software that is not well known for handling these kind of minor errors.

As a work-around you could edit the html yourself and you would still be able to do an upvote, but I understand completely if you don't want to go through all that hassle :p

RaTath

First Post
After a little hiatus of working on this sheet it is time for a big upgrade! Now you can hide/add pages to the document, even more than before!

The next feature I'm thinking about is a adventurer's log for the Adventurers League. What do you guys think, is that something that would be useful?

MPMB's Character Sheet v10.5 (8-4-2016) with the following changelog:
  • NEW FEATURE: Added the option to hide pages (see the “Layout” button/bookmark)
  • NEW FEATURE: Added the option to make additional ‘Companion’, ‘Notes’, and ‘Wild Shapes’ pages
  • Changed the “Hide Lines” buttons on the ‘Companion’ and ‘Notes’ to one button each, that summons a menu
  • Added dialogs that show the progress of certain operations that can take some time (such as applying race, class, color scheme, etc. etc.)
  • Changed the bookmarks to refer to fields instead of page locations, making it so that pressing a bookmark will send you to the correct field instead of to a page view
  • Amended the introduction screen to show that it can be closed by pressing ENTER
  • Fixed some things in the code (mainly for speeding up the adding of class levels)

Hey MPMB thanks for keeping up this great sheet. Are you thinking about a PDF log sheet or an Excel one that would do the math? I have done Excel ones for previous versions of D&D and have been considering doing one for 5E. I'd be happy to donate it if it would help.

RaTath

Hey MPMB thanks for keeping up this great sheet. Are you thinking about a PDF log sheet or an Excel one that would do the math? I have done Excel ones for previous versions of D&D and have been considering doing one for 5E. I'd be happy to donate it if it would help.

RaTath
Hi RaTath! Happy to hear you like the sheet. I am planning on doing the log sheet inside the current PDF character sheet. You will get the page added automatically as soon as you hit the "Adventure League" button, or if you choose to make it visible by using the new "Layout" button. You will then also be able to add as many pages as you want, thus keeping all the log sheets together with the character in one file.

Clancey

First Post
Holy cow, I am thick - I "printed" a Zhentarim jpg to pdf and saved it to my desktop, then tried to copy/paste into the Organization box and tried dragging and dropping, both to no effect. I see an import tool, but it is talking about formats I have no clue about. I really tried - I searched this topic to see how it was done, I tried clicking on the FAQ in the toolbar, but it did not bring up a FAQ. Any suggestions?

Remove ads