D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Holy cow, I am thick - I "printed" a Zhentarim jpg to pdf and saved it to my desktop, then tried to copy/paste into the Organization box and tried dragging and dropping, both to no effect. I see an import tool, but it is talking about formats I have no clue about. I really tried - I searched this topic to see how it was done, I tried clicking on the FAQ in the toolbar, but it did not bring up a FAQ. Any suggestions?
Hi Clancey, the import tool is for importing your character's data in and out of the sheet. If you want to import an icon you have to click on the icon field. It might not be a bad idea for me to add a default icon saying something like "click me", because now there is no explanation on how to do it as you found out ;)

As for the FAQ not showing up, that is very strange! I have no problem with this functionality on Windows, but it might again be that Mac works differently. What software are you using to view the pdf? Maybe you can try and update to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader (if you haven't already).

You should be able to manually find the FAQ in the attachments of the pdf (look for the paper-clip logo on the left-hand pane).

RaTath

First Post
Hi RaTath! Happy to hear you like the sheet. I am planning on doing the log sheet inside the current PDF character sheet. You will get the page added automatically as soon as you hit the "Adventure League" button, or if you choose to make it visible by using the new "Layout" button. You will then also be able to add as many pages as you want, thus keeping all the log sheets together with the character in one file.

Well that would be great to keep it all in one PDF! :)
Were you thinking of having it do the math and auto filling the beginning of the next segment? Not sure if you can do that in a PDF but then I'm not that knowledgeable about creating PDF's.

RaTath

RaTath

First Post
Holy cow, I am thick - I "printed" a Zhentarim jpg to pdf and saved it to my desktop, then tried to copy/paste into the Organization box and tried dragging and dropping, both to no effect. I see an import tool, but it is talking about formats I have no clue about. I really tried - I searched this topic to see how it was done, I tried clicking on the FAQ in the toolbar, but it did not bring up a FAQ. Any suggestions?

If you click on the box where the image is suppose to go it will bring up a window with a browse to file button. Then you can browse to your desktop and put it in. The portrait works the same way.

RaTath

Well that would be great to keep it all in one PDF! :)
Were you thinking of having it do the math and auto filling the beginning of the next segment? Not sure if you can do that in a PDF but then I'm not that knowledgeable about creating PDF's.

RaTath
I just finished making it, so you can check how it works! Let me know if some things are not working as you expect them to. I never play Adventurers League and I might thus be misinterpreting how it all should work.

I just uploaded MPMB's Character Sheet v10.6 (12-4-2016) with the following changelog:
  • NEW FEATURE: Added “Adventurers Logsheet”
  • NEW FEATURE: The D&D logo on the third pages now changes colour together with the Dragon Heads
  • NEW FEATURE: Changed the Symbol button so that you can now choose a faction symbol to set
  • Now when you press a bookmark to a page that is hidden, you get prompted to make that page visible
  • Changed the way the FAQ is called, making it more compatible with Mac devices (thanks Clancey for noticing)
  • Changed the default Portrait and Symbol on the backgrounds page to a “Click Me” text
  • Renamed some bookmarks
  • Updated the FAQ

RaTath

First Post
I just finished making it, so you can check how it works! Let me know if some things are not working as you expect them to. I never play Adventurers League and I might thus be misinterpreting how it all should work.

I just uploaded MPMB's Character Sheet v10.6 (12-4-2016) with the following changelog:
  • NEW FEATURE: Added “Adventurers Logsheet”
  • NEW FEATURE: The D&D logo on the third pages now changes colour together with the Dragon Heads
  • NEW FEATURE: Changed the Symbol button so that you can now choose a faction symbol to set
  • Now when you press a bookmark to a page that is hidden, you get prompted to make that page visible
  • Changed the way the FAQ is called, making it more compatible with Mac devices (thanks Clancey for noticing)
  • Changed the default Portrait and Symbol on the backgrounds page to a “Click Me” text
  • Renamed some bookmarks
  • Updated the FAQ

Working good. The "reset this sheet" does not reset the user info placed in the "Gain" fields. That's the only thing I can find wrong at this time.

RaTath

RaTath

First Post
Also when I try to manually remove the information in the "Gain" fields it will pop me back up to the first page of the doc and not let me set it to a blank field. Also when I add another page to the log sheets it places all the values from the first sheet into the second one instead of just the starting values for the first fields from the last fields on the first page.

RaTath

Last edited:

Also when I try to manually remove the information in the "Gain" fields it will pop me back up to the first page of the doc and not let me set it to a blank field. Also when I add another page to the log sheets it places all the values from the first sheet into the second one instead of just the starting values for the first fields from the last fields on the first page.

RaTath
Thank you for your quick test of the new features! It seems that I screwed up something that made it impossible to make any of the gain fields completely empty, thus making it impossible to do it either through resetting or by manually removing the entries.

I have fixed it in v10.63 (see the download page)!

RaTath

First Post
Thank you for your quick test of the new features! It seems that I screwed up something that made it impossible to make any of the gain fields completely empty, thus making it impossible to do it either through resetting or by manually removing the entries.

I have fixed it in v10.63 (see the download page)!

Ok math on the all the fields but the gold seems to be working now with the proper amount going to the next field even to the second sheet. The GOLD field doesn't do decimals it rounds them. Can't type in any of the fields at the top right (name, player, dci number ect). No reset this page option now.
Can type in all the other fields in the form on the right for the session. I like the layout though every nice.

RaTath

Last edited:

Remove ads