Blog (A5E) Multiclass Feats

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There’s just 7 weeks to go before the Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition Kickstarter launches. The Monstrous Menagerie has almost finished layout, and the Core Rulebook is half way there. We’re right on target to have the books ready for the Kickstarter!

In the meantime, let’s take a look at feats. More specifically, multiclass feats. These are one of the very final pieces of the Level Up puzzle which are still being written right now, so like many of these previews, things will likely change before the final version.

MulticlassFeats-Half-Claudio Pozas.jpg

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Hmm. A few questions jump out at me after a quick first read.

1) Are these feat intended to be in addition to normal O5E multiclassing, or as a replacement?

2) Why are the feats locked down to a specific pair of classes? I could see that for feats referencing and upgrading specific class features, but Arcane Archer seems just as applicable to a Ranger/Sorcerer or a Rogue/Bard as it does to a Fighter/Wizard.

rules.mechanic

Craft homebrewer
I think prerequisite levels for feats is a great idea. But I'm not certain those specific class-level combinations are going to be popular (noting also when Feats are gained) unless there is a drive to balanced-level multiclassing in A5E?

However... I know the Proclaimers are going to be popular. Prerequisite: accents.

Zeta Marishi

Villager
Noticed that some of them have the same titles as subclasses. Are you cannibalizing subclasses into these that you just can't do much with now/would fit something like this more?

Stalker0

Legend
So the earliest you could take arcane archer is 8th unless feat progressions have changed.

the elemental damage is basically a ribbon except against creatures with elemental vulnerabilities, so that’s a question if this is more common in level up monsters.

the other ability turns touch spells into ranged, and give your touch/targeted spells a range of 150/600, roughly with the same accuracy.

the reason I say roughly same accuracy is that a fighter/wizard is likely to split their high stat between int and dex, so the arrow attack will have a lower attack compared to a full dex archer, but the archery style gives us back a +2. And of course by taking this feat we are not raising our dex or int.

At first glance I think the prerequisite is awfully high, I’m not sure this feat is any better than a normal feat really…I can’t even use it with vampiric touch! (Unless that spell has heavily changed)

Remove ads