D&D (2024) Multiclassing in 5.75e

So now we've seen the initial version of the three Expert classes, it's been shown that multiclassing is still in and apparently still functioning the same way.

So how well do the new three classes multiclass with each other? The options are:

• Bard/Ranger: I can't see this working well due to conflicting ability scores.
  • Bard/Rogue: Thematically this works, acting as kind of a 'half caster bard'. I don't know how effective it is mechanically though.
  • Ranger/Rogue: Mixing these two makes a nice stand-in 'scout rogue' until it gets a proper subclass. Once again I'm not sure how well it works mechanically.

So now we've seen the initial version of the three Expert classes, it's been shown that multiclassing is still in and apparently still functioning the same way.

So how well do the new three classes multiclass with each other? The options are:

• Bard/Ranger: I can't see this working well due to conflicting ability scores.
  • Bard/Rogue: Thematically this works, acting as kind of a 'half caster bard'. I don't know how effective it is mechanically though.
  • Ranger/Rogue: Mixing these two makes a nice stand-in 'scout rogue' until it gets a proper subclass. Once again I'm not sure how well it works mechanically.

I don't think you have to worry too much about stats. Bard and ranger do align well enough. Bardic inspiration does not use charisma anymore.
Picking spells that don't use DC's will get you very far. Colour spray is a great spell (after its clarification thag it ends at the end of your next turn). Many Transmutations don't care about your DC. Mirror image is a big defensive spell.

Both can do a lot with dexterity.

You can easily start with 16 dex, 14 con, 13-14 wis and cha, some int and dumping str.

Bard will also help you spam hunter's mark. You only lack extra attacl for a while, but twf + hunter's mark will not make you miss it too much.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I don't think you have to worry too much about stats. Bard and ranger do align well enough. Bardic inspiration does not use charisma anymore.
Picking spells that don't use DC's will get you very far. Colour spray is a great spell (after its clarification thag it ends at the end of your next turn). Many Transmutations don't care about your DC. Mirror image is a big defensive spell.

Both can do a lot with dexterity.

You can easily start with 16 dex, 14 con, 13-14 wis and cha, some int and dumping str.

Bard will also help you spam hunter's mark. You only lack extra attacl for a while, but twf + hunter's mark will not make you miss it too much.
One of the best things about Bards over the years is how they dont live and die by a pumped primary skill. Very versatile.

Remove ads