• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multishot / Rapid shot question

Ayrk

First Post
Everytime I read this I change my mind.

I have a player that will end of taking Multishot and Rapid Shot. Are the two feats mutually exclusive? That is, is it possible to use both feats at the same time?

So if the Ranger normally gets one attack, using the Rapid Shot he gets one extra attack with a full attack action.

Using Multishot, he can shoot two arrows at one target with a standard action.

Could he fire two arrows at two different targets using both?

Thanks.

Pinotage

Explorer
Ayrk said:
Everytime I read this I change my mind.

I have a player that will end of taking Multishot and Rapid Shot. Are the two feats mutually exclusive? That is, is it possible to use both feats at the same time?

So if the Ranger normally gets one attack, using the Rapid Shot he gets one extra attack with a full attack action.

Using Multishot, he can shoot two arrows at one target with a standard action.

Could he fire two arrows at two different targets using both?

Thanks.

Nope. You can't combine manyshot and rapid shot. Rapid shot must be used as part of a full-attack action, while Manyshot is a Standard action. They can't be used together.

Pinotage

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
There is a Greater Manyshot in the Expanded Psionics Handbook (or psioncs section of the SRD) that lets you fire arrows at multiple targets. Even though it's in the XPB it does not require psionics to use.

Nail

First Post
GREATER MANYSHOT [GENERAL]
You are skilled at firing many arrows at once, even at different opponents.

Prerequisites: Dex 17, Manyshot, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, base attack bonus +6.

Benefit: When you use the Manyshot feat, you can fire each arrow at a different target instead of firing all of them at the same target. You make a separate attack roll for each arrow, regardless of whether you fire them at separate targets or the same target. Your precision-based damage applies to each arrow fired, and, if you score a critical hit with more than one of the arrows, each critical hit deals critical damage.

Special: A fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Why, oh why, is this in the EX Psi HB?

UltimaGabe

First Post
Nail said:

...Because it was a new Feat and they couldn't recall all of the PHBs that had already been sold? My guess is the same reason why they've reprinted the Swift Action rules and whatnot.

Pinotage

Explorer
Nail said:
GREATER MANYSHOT [GENERAL]
You are skilled at firing many arrows at once, even at different opponents.

Prerequisites: Dex 17, Manyshot, Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot, base attack bonus +6.

Benefit: When you use the Manyshot feat, you can fire each arrow at a different target instead of firing all of them at the same target. You make a separate attack roll for each arrow, regardless of whether you fire them at separate targets or the same target. Your precision-based damage applies to each arrow fired, and, if you score a critical hit with more than one of the arrows, each critical hit deals critical damage.

Special: A fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.

So, with a single standard action, you can fire possibly 4 arrows and sneak attack with each of them!? I suppose that might be why it's in the Expanded Psionics Handbook?

Pinotage

Thanee

First Post
And at the same time target one target 30' in the north, one 30' in the south, one 30' in the east and one 30' in the west. :p

Maybe they forgot to make it a [Psionic] feat, mentally guided seeking arrows. :D

Bye
Thanee

Ayrk

First Post
You guys rock!

That was what I thought but it was one of those things, the more you think about it the more you start seeing the other side.

Nail

First Post
UltimaGabe said:
...Because it was a new Feat and they couldn't recall all of the PHBs that had already been sold?
You're missing the point.

Why is it in the Psionics Handbook (expanded). That is: what is psionic about this feat?

(The fact that it's over-powered? ....sorry, couldn't help myself... ;) )

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads