D&D 5E Murder in Baldur's Gate Cover Revealed; "Ancient Evil" Identified

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
Canonically, the last Bhaalspawn was Abdel Adrian, from the Baldur's Gate novelizations. He retained a tiny amount of the essence of Bhaal, and the rest of it was scattered across the cosmos, supposedly never to be absorbed by anyone.
I think Abdel was supposed to represent the player character. The most useful question is: Is he one of the races that lives more than a hundred years?
Except for the diehard FR haters, of course.
Diehard FR haters are SOL at this point anyway, lol.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I think Abdel was supposed to represent the player character. The most useful question is: Is he one of the races that lives more than a hundred years?

I've no doubt that he was, but insofar as the canon goes, the novels are it (since the computer games are too open-ended in the main character's identity, and sequence of events, to be considered canon; by contrast, the novels virtually always are).

Rydac

Explorer
My worry is how this is going to impact the Encounters program. I note that while for the first time stores will be able to sell the Encounters
adventure....also for the first time the stores are going to have to buy extra adventures, so there are copies to run in store.

I've been an Encounters DM from the first season, and haven't missed running one....however I'm not going to buy the adventure to run it, and I can see my FLGS and others balking at having to buy the promo copies the DMs will use to run in store. This is a paradigm shift in how the Encounters program has operated.

sehmerus

First Post
Irt was announced that the initial products of the SUNDERING themeselves are Edition Neutral. they will offer a link to download a PDF that has specific stats for all editions of D&D from 1e-Next.

Blackwarder

Adventurer
I'm guessing that by aggregating the play reports WotC will determined if we have a new god/s or any other change in the realms, I wouldn't mind having my character become an official god in FR lore.

Warder

Remove ads