D&D 5E Murder in Baldur's Gate Cover Revealed; "Ancient Evil" Identified

Iosue

Legend
One of the authors answered this: It's designed to be played with 4e or D&DN, but is really system-neutral enough that you can play it with any D&D.
Just to nitpick, Winters said this adventure would be for 3e, 4e, or Next. Blood of Gruumsh was the adventure he wrote that was released for 4e, but was usable with any edition, with some slight conversion.

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
So the August-November season will be the first time encounters DMs get to buy the Encounters adventure.

And I can buy it August 20th and run it August 21st although the conversion notes should be up by August 10th.

I hope it's longer than a 8 encounter current season. If the Encounters Seasons are tied to the modules then I expect 13-14 sessions depending on Preview weekend between the 8/20 release date of Sundering 1 and the 11/19 release date of Sundering 2.

Gaining 2 levels per season?
20-26 encounters split between 13-14 sessions? Easily doable in 3.x and Next. Kind of tight for time in 4e.

Note from the retail article - "five D&D Encounters seasons" on the Sundering. $35x5.

13-14 weeks times 5. That comes out to finishing up November 2014.

CAFRedblade

Explorer
Nice cover art!

I have to agree, I'm loving the cover art being done for DNDEncounters / DNDNext and similar products this summer. I think they are testing the waters with different layouts, but within a similar design space. Baldur's Gate is close, but not the same as the game day (june 15) or Gen Con print run of DNDNext, but close in aesthetic. Really like em so far, it'll be interesting to see it develop over the coming year.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
dnd_products_dndacc_45370000_pic3_en.jpg

http://wizards.com/DnD/Product.aspx?x=dnd/products/dndacc/45370000
Does that make the big bald guy Minsc?

minscmany.jpg

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
The cover art looks like the same artist from Ghosts of Dragonspear Castle (and the original D&DN announcement art). Anyone know who it is? It's great work, and I love that this seems to be the look they're going forward with--I just wish I knew the artist's name!

Remove ads