Music for Evil Cult Summons

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I'll tell you what, this thread has inspired me. When I start my rock band, I'm naming us "Evil Cult Summons." :D

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Mouseferatu said:
I'm fond of "Ave Satani" from The Omen and "The Temple of Doom" from Indiana Jones and..., well, you know. ;)
Agreed and agreed. I'm also a huge fan of "Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec" from Final Fantasy 8

Kesh

First Post
Though it may not go over well if your players are horror fans:

"The Lament Configuration" from the Hellraiser motion picture score. This extremely evocative and perfect for a summoning scene… though if your players are familiar with the film the results will either be "Oh #$@! we are screwed!" or "Oh god, how corny!"

Aside from that: dig out your old copy of Quake and pick out a couple tracks from the CD.

In the same vein, there's the new (free) Nine Inch Nails albums Ghosts I and The Slip.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Aholibamah said:
Bram Stoker's Dracula has some good menacing pieces of music, I think you can still get the soundtrack on CD.

Great suggestion. Wojciech Kilar wrote that soundtrack, and his other stuff sounds similar.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Roky Erikson's "Cold Night for Alligators" mentions lizard people rising from the nearby swamp. It would be great for a mass summoning, I think.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
jdrakeh said:
Roky Erikson's "Cold Night for Alligators" mentions lizard people rising from the nearby swamp. It would be great for a mass summoning, I think.
Or for the attack of a certain black dragon's lizardfolk henchmen upon a certain village if I can get them to take a hint and move in that direction. Might not be too hard, they certainly don't want to stick around after what happened.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Andor said:
Gyuto Monks chanting is even better than gregorian I'd think, but props on the Dethklok. That's hilarious.
Couldn't find Gyuto chanting in my quick search but I had some Gregorian stuff it was what the low-key soundtrack started just as they began sneaking into the cult lair. Then I had the Dethklok primed and started it playing over top the chanting, and the minor slurring caused by playing both at once actually improved what remained understandable.

Now that I've heard about this Gyuto chanting I'll have to go find some.

And the lyrics to "Awaken Mustakrakish" were a pretty good match for the feeling of the summon. Expecially when my DMing style is generally termed the "MOAR METAL" school of DMing.

[sblock]Mustakrakish,
Mustakrakish.
The time has come to awaken him:

I call upon the ancient lords of the underworld to bring forth this beast and,

Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken,
Take the land that must be taken.
Devour worlds, smite, forsaken.

Rise up from your thousandth year of sleep,
Break forth from your grave eternally.
I command you to
Rise, rise, rise, rise, rise, rise, rise, rise and, Awaken.

I am the conjurer of demons
I am the father of your death
I bring forth the ancient evil
I control his every breathe
I instigate your misfortune
with the birth of killing trolls
I awaken Armageddon, feeding on a thousand souls

Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken

Mustakrakish, Mustakrakish, Mustakrakish, Mustakrakish, Mustakrakish, Mustakrakish.

Take the land that must be taken.
Devour worlds, smite, forsaken.

Rise up from your thousandth year of sleep,
Break forth from your grave eternally.
Things will die and land will all be burned,
Mustakrakish came and death to worlds.
I command you to
Rise, rise, rise, rise, rise, rise, rise, rise and, Awaken.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper