• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutants and Masterminds: Freedom City

maddmic

Explorer
Leech eyes Benson with a little skeptisism. "Ok, so, I wanna try it. Send me down to Mickey D's and I'll get some food and you can call me back. This way I know if I'm gonna be all weirded out once I get transported."

Aenion

First Post
Une listens attentively to Benson and the others, looking puzzled at Leech and Hell when they start to talk about McDonalds.
"Who is this Mickey D? Why would you want any of his burgers if they're as bad as he says?"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
bkmanis said:
“Actually you are wearing a ‘comm badge’, the ear piece I gave you is a communication device connected to Alice.” Benson explains. “And this has been tested thousands of times, it is quite safe. I’ve been through it myself.”

Geomancer frowns, ignoring the segue about fast food.

"Benson, you'll have to forgive my doubt.
I'm sure you've checked this system out.
But the human body is complex and strange.
What about side effects in the long range?
"

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
maddmic said:
Leech eyes Benson with a little skeptisism. "Ok, so, I wanna try it. Send me down to Mickey D's and I'll get some food and you can call me back. This way I know if I'm gonna be all weirded out once I get transported."

"I will accompany you. I would like to test this device out as well, to be certain that it doesn't have any problems with me," Cosmo added.

bkmanis

First Post
“You misunderstand how this technology works, it doesn’t break you down and convert you to energy. Our scientists studied a group of natural teleporters and found that they actually move through some sort of sub-dimension where the laws of physics operate differently. So moving from point A to point B is almost instantaneous.” Benson explains. “Our scientists managed to duplicate that ability through the use of this machine.” Benson turns to Leech. “As for a demonstration I can arrange that but it will not be to McDonald’s. Those of you that would like a demonstration please step onto the platform.” After those of you wishing to try step on the platform Benson nods to the technician. “Upstairs.” He says simply. The technician works the controls and the room fades into darkness, a few seconds later your sight returns. After a moment of disorientation you find that you are in the main hall of the mansion.

“Please remain where you are, we will bring you back now.” You hear Benson through your earpiece. The room fades again and after a moment of disorientation you find yourself back on the platform. “Well what do you think?” Benson asks.

maddmic

Explorer
Leech shakes his head in order to clear out the cobwebs. "Ok, THAT was weird. The um, disorientation could be a problem. If we're dropped into a hot spot, we could get blind sided. Will you be dropping us off some place near where we need to go, or what?"

bkmanis

First Post
maddmic said:
Leech shakes his head in order to clear out the cobwebs. "Ok, THAT was weird. The um, disorientation could be a problem. If we're dropped into a hot spot, we could get blind sided. Will you be dropping us off some place near where we need to go, or what?"

“That is the general idea. We would teleport you somewhere nearby the trouble spot so you would have time to recover form the disorientation. You could then evaluate the situation and take what actions that is required.” Benson responds.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
"Makes some sense to me," Cosmo commented. "I didn't notice anything unusual in the transport which would make me think it was very close to my own method of teleportation."

"Are there any materials you've discovered that this device cannot teleport beyond?" Cosmo asked.

'Yeah, yeah, the teleporter is cool and all but let's talk about more serious stuff," Velocity says to Benson. "What's first on our agenda? How are we supposed to spend our days? Is there some sort of patrol schedule that Fortune expects? Do we just wait here and monitor for major trouble? In other words, what are the day to day expectations of each of us?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads