• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutants and Masterminds: Freedom City

bkmanis

First Post
Keia said:
"Makes some sense to me," Cosmo commented. "I didn't notice anything unusual in the transport which would make me think it was very close to my own method of teleportation."

"Are there any materials you've discovered that this device cannot teleport beyond?" Cosmo asked.

“We found areas protected by energy fields are difficult to penetrate. Also we cannot transport you inside buildings because we don’t know the setup, were the furniture and people are that sort of thing.” Benson explains. “We can put you just about anywhere in the city because we have real time satellite imaging that lets us know where things are at any given time.”

Originally posted by Toric
'Yeah, yeah, the teleporter is cool and all but let's talk about more serious stuff," Velocity says to Benson. "What's first on our agenda? How are we supposed to spend our days? Is there some sort of patrol schedule that Fortune expects? Do we just wait here and monitor for major trouble? In other words, what are the day to day expectations of each of us?"

“Our agenda is to help the citizens of Freedom City, not just to stop crime but also to help out during natural disasters or where ever we can help. Although stopping paranormal criminals will be our most important job.” Benson responds to Velocity’s question. “Alice will of course monitor all communication channels for any emergencies, we will also set up routes for the team to patrol. Patrols will mostly be at certain trouble spots around the city, and mostly at night when most crimes take place. We don’t expect you to be here 24 hours a day, but we do expect you to carry your communicator and to respond to emergency calls. We will try and schedule patrols that are fair to all of you.” Benson says. “Also the tech boys are working on a eyepiece that Alice will be able to send you text massages. Not quite as fast as voice communications but with your speed ability a guess you can read pretty fast. Hopefully they will have it completed soon.” Benson says to Velocity.

Aenion

First Post
Une has made herself comfortable leaning against the wall, watching the others try out the teleporter, having already been used as a guinea pig on previous occasions.
She keeps to the background, seeming to be content to quietly watch the others interact.

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Cosmo nodded appreciably at the work and investment made into the group thus far. As the people conversed he considered various names for the group to utilize as a team.

"That's good to hear about the communicator," Velocity replies. "Otherwise I would have no way to talk to the rest of the group when they were using theirs. So, where's the computer system in this place? I want to see how we can monitor the happenings around the city from here."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Geomancer adds to the conversation:

"If this base has medical facilities,
I would like to inspect them, please.
"

Last edited:

bkmanis

First Post
Sir Osis of Liver said:
"Sounds pretty good, Bensen. Your boss sure has put a lot into this."

“Yes, this project has been in the works for several years. Mr. Fortune knew that Freedom City would need another hero team. No one wants to think about it, but who would protect Freedom City if something happened to the Freedom League? It is a sobering thought and it is best to be prepared.” Benson responds.

Originally posted by Toric
"That's good to hear about the communicator," Velocity replies. "Otherwise I would have no way to talk to the rest of the group when they were using theirs. So, where's the computer system in this place? I want to see how we can monitor the happenings around the city from here."

“The computer itself is beneath the base in a highly protected room, for security reasons only a select few are allowed direct access to the computer room. But as you saw you could get what access you need from the control room.” Benson explains. “Each of you have limited access to the base so you can look around if you like. By limited I mean there are areas that you will not be allowed in, such as the computer room. But feel free to look around and familiarize yourself with the place.” Benson says leading you out into the hall.

Originally posted by Mark Chance
"If this base has medical facilities,
I would like to inspect them, please."

“Yes, it’s right down the hall that way.”Benson says pointing the way. “You can talk with Dr, Welsh about the medical facilities.”

“Well gentlemen and lady.” Benson says with a nod to Une. “That’s all for now, please have a look around and if you have any questions just ask Alice through you communicator. I will check with the tech boys now about yours.” Benson says to Velocity. “And please continue to think on the group name, and remember we are trying to get public support. So try and find a good clean name that the public will accept.”

OOC: I’ve had a busy weekend but I will try and get the adventure part of the game going again soon. For now you can still interact amongst yourselves.

Aenion

First Post
"So any of you still hungry? Since we're not getting any burgers, I could show you the cafetaria. I could use the energy myself."she says, looking at Hell she adds "We've got a really good cook here."

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Benson said:
“Yes, it’s right down the hall that way.”Benson says pointing the way. “You can talk with Dr. Welsh about the medical facilities.”
Une said:
"So any of you still hungry? Since we're not getting any burgers, I could show you the cafetaria. I could use the energy myself."she says, looking at Hell "We've got a really good cook here."

Geomancer smiles.

"I would very much like something to eat.
I can visit medical later today,
and Dr. Welsh then I can meet.
But, for now at least, Une leads the way.
"

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Aenion said:
"So any of you still hungry? Since we're not getting any burgers, I could show you the cafetaria. I could use the energy myself."she says, looking at Hell "We've got a really good cook here."

"I, for one, could use some nourishment," Cosmo replied. On the way, Cosmo attempted some small talk, "So, how did oyu find yourself here?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads