Kickstarter Mutants in the Now

Julian Kay

RPG Freelancer

In the 1980s and 1990s, for a brief time, mutant animals ruled the roost of the role-playing game hobby. Tens of thousands of players found their way into the hobby not through magic and maces, but through turtles and toads. The black and white anthropomorphic boom in comics inspired one singular game, but with the passing of a license and its designer, it would vanish with no completed successor in the realm of modern mutant animals.

So I've launched Mutants in the Now for Kickstarter's #ZineQuest! I'm putting together a zineRPG that evokes the retro feel of its predecessors, but with more modern design where it's necessary, and more progressive notions at its heart. I'd be honored if you'd support me! We've had a great start, and I'd love to make all this it can be. Please give it a peek, and I'll see you there!

Accaris

Explorer
Publisher
I like it! Backed. Question, any rules in the works for mutants who started as humans? TMNT and Other Strangeness was going to build this into their last canceled expansion.

Julian Kay

RPG Freelancer
It was originally in the cards! But I given I have a similar set of background tables, I realized that it'd require a vastly larger set of possible backgrounds, so I put it aside for now. I'm hesitant to promise anything until the project's settled, but it's definitely something I'd like to do in the future.

Julian Kay

RPG Freelancer
We're into our final push! Just a little over 24 hours level, and this'll be wrapping up tomorrow Friday, March 5th, at midnight EST.

All the stretch goals have been knocked through! So it'll be bigger and add more art! There are a lot of updates giving insight into the project as well, so give it a look if you haven't, we've got a lot going on.

Remove ads