[Mutants & Masterminds / DC Adventures] Freedomverse Issue #1 "Black & White"

Shayuri

First Post
Hex manages to wrench her eyes away from Mr. Amazing and coughs to clear her throat.

"Anyway, I'll be in one of the labs. I may need to head down to my place for reference material...but I'll let you guys know when I find anything out."

She heads over to the closest empty lab space on the space station, letting the illusion protecting her identity fade away as she goes.

"...you'll be needing a clear head for this," the Grimoire grumps. "Hit him with a love spell and get it over with, I say."

Sandra nearly tripped over her own feet. "What?!"

"The boy. The one you were staring at." The ancient spellbook's cover writhed as it yawned.

Her cheeks burned red. "That's not funny."

"No? What will be funny is watching you try to puzzle this out while mooning over..."

"I. Am. Not. MOONING!" she interrupted. "Yes, all right, he's good looking, and I was distracted. For a SECOND. That is NOT the same thing!"

The tome chuckled. "It's nothing to be overly ashamed of. Comes with the territory of being young and foolish, like any apprentice. Get it out of your system, I say."

"I'd like to get you out of my system," Sandra muttered irritably. She closed the lab door behind her a bit too hard. Fortunately it was designed to resist mistreatment by far stronger individuals. A moment later the Grimoire was laid open and she was bringing up articles from the museum website about that exhibit on her smartphone.

(Expertise: Magic with the Grimoire's assistance - [roll0])
Trying to figure out any magical significance to the artifact stolen, and the sword Reb was using.

Prometheus sits down at one of the many computer terminals and brings up the Identi-kit program. He then describes the woman who escaped with the artifact, so that the program can generate an accurate picture of her. When the picture is as accurate as he can get it, he feeds it into a facial recognition application.

OOC: Do I need a skill roll for this?

Remove ads