D&D 1E My AD&D 1E hardback collection - what do you see?

the Jester

Legend
The mystic, savant, and mountebank were all things I was super intrigued by, but never saw in print- did they actually appear in Dragon at some point, or did you have to adapt them yourself from Gygax' sparse notes?

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
When I first looked into printing stuff like this, everywhere I went told me they could not, because I couldn't prove I was the owner/creator?

But your vendor lets you print stuff with ISBNs on it?

The mystic, savant, and mountebank were all things I was super intrigued by, but never saw in print- did they actually appear in Dragon at some point, or did you have to adapt them yourself from Gygax' sparse notes?
They're all adapted from Dragon articles. After Gygax discussed his thoughts in the magazine, several people seemingly took the opportunity to submit their own versions over time.

When I first looked into printing stuff like this, everywhere I went told me they could not, because I couldn't prove I was the owner/creator?

But your vendor lets you print stuff with ISBNs on it?
Could be because it's essentially set to private. The first question Lulu asks when setting up a project is whether it's for publishing or merely printing. These are just for printing, and a tiny number of copies as well.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Could be because it's essentially set to private. The first question Lulu asks when setting up a project is whether it's for publishing or merely printing. These are just for printing, and a tiny number of copies as well.
Let's not talk about the mint you could make selling these, of course! That would be wrong. ;-P

the Jester

Legend
They're all adapted from Dragon articles. After Gygax discussed his thoughts in the magazine, several people seemingly took the opportunity to submit their own versions over time.
I had no idea, but I missed a bunch of late 1e era Dragons due to lack of a FLGS. Well, hopefully they were cool!

aia_2

Custom title
Great editing job here, congrats! I can understand what is behind as i am doing the same for my game... It seems smtg stupid but it is not and, moreover, it takes a hell of time!

You might be able to tell that this cover is glossy, while the FF cover is matte. Makes me wish that Lulu had a semi-gloss option, since the actual 1E books are not as glossy as this, but are glossier than the FF above.

Sorry if i ask you about such details but i am interested in knowing the printing options provided by Lulu (i am going with Drivethru). I understand that there is not chance to select any kind of cover. Is there ar least the option for the hardback binding (there are 2 main types of binding for hardbacks) and the type of paper (gloss/matte, thick/thin,...)?

Remove ads