D&D 1E My AD&D 1E hardback collection - what do you see?

Riley

Legend
Yes exactly! When I was 13 I was playing 1E AD&D. These were a lot of work but they make my inner 13-year-old very happy.

40 years on, I occasionally dream of finding lost/forgotten AD&D tomes in used book stores. I remember these dreams because in trying desperately to read the books... I wake myself up. 😭

You could print a few extra copies, and place them surreptitiously on library or used book store shelves! 💖

Last edited:

Blue Orange

Gone to Texas
40 years on, I occasionally dream of finding lost/forgotten AD&D tomes in used book stores. I remember these dreams because in trying desperately to read the books... I wake myself up.

You could print a few extra copies, and place them surreptitiously on library or used book store shelves! 💖

Lake Geneva public library, see if you can start a rumor the way the Necronomicon card catalog entry at Yale did.

darjr

I crit!
Lake Geneva public library, see if you can start a rumor the way the Necronomicon card catalog entry at Yale did.
Slip one into the Gary Con charity auction.

Make sure to leave a huge note clearly stating that it is a modern production…. That won’t fake anyone out at all.

Riley

Legend
❤️ I remember the Lake Geneva card catalog area vividly (as it was circa 1985).

My grandma had borrowing privileges there, and helped me check out old Dragon and Ares Magazines I’d never seen anywhere else.

I’ve also perused Yale’s card catalogs. ❤️❤️

darjr

I crit!
Slip one into the Gary Con charity auction.

Make sure to leave a huge note clearly stating that it is a modern production…. That won’t fake anyone out at all.
I was kidding about this but the more I think about it it might be cool. If everything is above board and in the level it might be very cool.

Sacrosanct

Legend
For a charity auction?

Yea I suppose so.
Thanks to Justin, the legal eyes of WotC are on the small publisher community. Thanks to Justin, gone are the days of Jayson Elliot using TSR as a company to put out his own stuff.

Thanks to Justin for basically ruining it for everyone by forcing WotC's hand to essentially make them come down hard on IP violations.

My point is that I would not recommend anyone even remotely doing anything IP related (well, I wouldn't anyway, but especially not now).

Remove ads