• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My d20 modern character will be . . .

novyet

First Post
My first d20 modern character? Jack Burton, for my group's d20 Big Trouble in Little China game. It's gonna be sweet! :D

Balbinus

First Post
Re: Re: Re: My d20 modern character will be . . .

Jeph said:

And the reason he keeps them in his office, is, well, so that he can jump out of the window with them. Tell me that a business man bursting out of a 3rd story mirror-glass office building with a pair of samurai swords isn't cool. and by 8th level, he should have enough ranks in Jump and Tumble to not take falling damage. Assuming that the GM says that jumps of 29 feet and under are 2d6 damage drops, he could make it out of a 4th story window, taking 10. :cool:

Actually, that's a pretty fair reason I admit.

On the illegal, sounds like I'm wrong on that one. Anyway, it's your game, even if it were illegal in our world it doesn't mean it is in yours does it?

kengar

First Post
So the next time an eight-foot tall maniac slams the back of your favorite head up aginst a barroom wall and asks if you've paid your dues; you just do what old Jack Burton does at a time like that. Roll for initiative!

[edit: Actually, I've always thought BTLC would make a great "Pulp Cthulhu" adventure. ("That was not real and I wanna talk to the cops!") ]

Last edited:

d19

First Post
kengar said:

I thought you meant John Ratzenberger's character in House 2, but that was Bill. Who is Repairman Jack?

A character in a series of books by F. Paul Wilson. They are thrillers with a supernatural element. Repairman Jack Fixes peoples problems. They are very well written with lots of suspense.

The titles include, The Tomb, Legacies, Conspiracies, All the Rage, Hosts and The Haunted Air

Last edited:

JPL

Adventurer
Ahem.

Buckaroo Banzai, M.D., Ph.D.
Smart Hero 4/Charismatic Hero 4/Maritial Artist 4/ Field Scientist 4/ Field Medic 4

Jeph

Explorer
Looking at the d20 modern SRD, I'd have to say that my businessman-samurai would be 2 parts dedicated, 1 part Smart, 1 part Charismatic, 2 parts Fast. Screw Strong, and Martial Artist is not him.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads