• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My DM is retarded

moritheil

First Post
Regarding this "big breasted woman" who is "DM's Pet:" putting aside female NPCs hating her, wouldn't female players object strenuously to such a blatant display of misogyny?

"So who's the woman? Your cohort?"

"She's not a cohort, she's my pet."

"Uh . . . so, this cohort or accomplice or, um, 'pet,' as you call her - what's she like, personality wise?"

"She has big breasts."

:eek:

Unless this is some kind of deliberate, satirical farce that seeks to make social commentary on perceptions of women in gaming, your DM is a deeply flawed individual. He is of age to be an adult and act with maturity, but by your assessment he is indeed socially retarded by about five years. I understand Umbran's statement above, but really, racism, bigotry, and misogyny are real life problems and I highly doubt (given your assessment of his inadequate grasp of social interactions) he leaves it behind when he leaves the table. More likely he has a life ahead of him dishing out lecherous stares, talking down to women, making unwanted advances, and generally being a pest.

Are you right to hate him? Who can say if hate is ever right? But is it understandable? Oh yeah.

PS - I wouldn't blame the guy trying to play the girl as long as he seems to be acting in good faith - at least he's trying to wrap his head around a different mindset, even if he's failing miserably.

roguerouge

First Post
Just run a module, man. That way you can always say, "Look, it says here the ceilings are 10 feet from the floor. Take it up with James Jacobs if you don't like it." It also minimizes your investment and their outrage. After all, when a character dies, you ran it as written...

This has been your conflict-avoidant, passive aggressive advice for the thread.

akbearfoot

First Post
Threads like this make me laugh...I thought it was a joke. But it seems like the OP might actually be serious serious.

I also love how he works in so many powerful terms like calling his DM the R-word, hating him, and how 'not straight' = deviant.

I can't think of anything helpful to recommend...

Neil Bishop

First Post
I'm not sure how old a senior in high school is in the USA (why do you guys have titles for everything?), but clearly you're all young blokes and going through the silly stage. That's not an insult, either: we all did it.

Why not invite the DM to visit this website and solicit advice? Or approach him with something like, "Thanks for making things fun but I want to try another sort of game. Would you be interesting in running something that seems more like Neverwinter Nights or Baldur's Gate? I would really like our characters to be in a story." If the reaction is positive you can then segue into the need to avoid a DM PC.

If you really are friends you don't want to toss away a friendship over just a silly game.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads