D&D 5E My guesses for what will be in the Book of Many Things

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I wonder if they’ll expand the deck? Also I’d love a lavish tarot style deck as a prop.
Having another tier of even rarer cards would be a great way to flesh out the book and, I'm sure just coincidentally, make all the third party Deck of Many Things decks obsolete until they catch up.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I wonder if they’ll expand the deck? Also I’d love a lavish tarot style deck as a prop.
Having another tier of even rarer cards would be a great way to flesh out the book and, I'm sure just coincidentally, make all the third party Deck of Many Things decks obsolete until they catch up.
Honestly, I doubt it, since giving all 22 existing cards considerstion would push the book past the page count of most recent D&D publications.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Honestly, I doubt it, since giving all 22 existing cards considerstion would push the book past the page count of most recent D&D publications.
You don't think they could handle it all in a 64 page hardcover? :cool:

But honestly, Madness at Gardmore Abbey was such an awesome adventure I'll be sad if they don't riff on it somehow. And I'm both sure I'm not alone in that opinion and sure that WotC knows that.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The existing Deck of Many Things doesn't even take up a page in the DMG, as I recall. Adding a few more cards on wouldn't be a crisis -- as new cards, they wouldn't have to get monsters and spells, etc. to go with them necessarily.

Alby87

Adventurer
Kingmaker for Pathfinder have praised kingdom management rules. I hope this book will have rules for managing kingdoms too.
Having it printed on this book will permit to not print them on the new DMG, both saving spaces and have a good book to sell both to 5e and oneD&D masters. It's a win win for them!

pnewman

Adventurer
What about pet related content? The Deck might still let you draw a warrior companion, so if they included stat-blocks for all kinds of currently unstated animals then you could just stat it out with that template and a few levels form the Warrior Sidekick class. Why should a player have to reskin something else to get that ocelot or alpaca or platypus pet they want when WOTC can make money by selling them the official ocelot stats?

Remove ads