• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My heroes: Ryan Dancey and Peter Adkison

Belen

Adventurer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
They can continue producing Midnight D20 until the end of time. If they print Midnight 4E, though, they can only print Midnight 4E (and, presumably, 5E, when that comes).

Nope. The d20 license expires in December. Any Midnight books at that time have to be destroyed.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Belen said:
Nope. The d20 license expires in December. Any Midnight books at that time have to be destroyed.

They can simply sell their backstock, and make sure new print runs do not have the d20 logo on them.

AllisterH

First Post
Heh...

Am I the only one that remembers Dancey trying to sell the idea and pretty much everyone on rpg.net and other places screaming

"WOTC wants to own the industry and kill the other guys!!!"

cangrejoide

First Post
AllisterH said:
Heh...

Am I the only one that remembers Dancey trying to sell the idea and pretty much everyone on rpg.net and other places screaming

"WOTC wants to own the industry and kill the other guys!!!"

Yup, too bad I cant find those exact threads.

Everything that has happened will happen again-some midly quoted BSG quote.

Lacyon

First Post
While I'm not all that surprised (nor, honestly, dismayed) by the GSL, I give thanks as well to Ryan and Peter.

I also don't forget to give thanks to the shareholders and executives at WotC and Hasbro for letting the OGL through so many years ago.

It's a gift that continues giving until all the stars go out. Thank you.

DM_Jeff

Explorer
I'd just like to chime in that I just showed my wife Buttercup's initial post and we agree, tonight we're dringing a toast to Ryan, Peter and that amazing gaming leap of greatness, the OGL tonight.

THANKS GUYS!

-DM Jeff

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Lacyon said:
While I'm not all that surprised (nor, honestly, dismayed) by the GSL, I give thanks as well to Ryan and Peter.

I also don't forget to give thanks to the shareholders and executives at WotC and Hasbro for letting the OGL through so many years ago.

It's a gift that continues giving until all the stars go out. Thank you.

I'm not so sure that Habro had that much to say about it back then, since the Habrop buyout had not yet been finalized, and even if it had, something as Dinky as D&D would not have been seen as a terrible loss.

In other words, in my opinion Ryan pushed that one though at the last possible right time.

Remove ads