• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My name is "Defendant Radzikowski"

Chris Knapp

First Post
Removed by Admin, as it was off-topic and replied to the previous post that I just removed. ~ PCat

Last edited by a moderator:

Korgoth

First Post
Hmm. "WOTC invasion of Poland due to communications sabotage." Well, if you're east of the River Bug you'll probably be fine. ;)

All joking aside: get a lawyer, Polish dude.

pedr

Explorer
Here is a very useful guide to the US legal system:<snip>
This may or may not be true.

It is utterly inapplicable to this situation, which is a private dispute over property rights between two parties.

No criminal allegations have been made, no prosecution is threatened, and the police have no involvement whatsoever.

Janx

Hero
I am not a lawyer. Here's my non-legal advice:

talk to a lawyer

stop posting about the case. Every "fact" you post is a fact that can be used against you.

If it's illegal for them to post your name regarding this suit, posting your name in a thread about this suit probably gives consent, which hurts your protection.

Look into proving that you didn't (or disproving that you did) post your PDF for sharing. If they can't prove you did it, it will weaken their case. Your lawyer should be talking about this. Sharing the file with your group weakens your case. Your lawyer will figure what's going on.

Eldragon

First Post
Wow. clearly my cynical skewering of the US legal system was taken too seriously. from now on I will stick to lampooning the legal system of dead civilizations.

avin

First Post
S'mon looks right. US law is not like some other countries law and, while I think you're going to have trouble, I doubt you will face more than your country law allows.

Vicente

Explorer
I add my vote to the "get a lawyer" option. Each country is a different world regarding this subject: for example in Spain sharing a physical or digital product is totally legal as long as there's no profit involved.

Damador

First Post
thx for everyone reply as avin said in my country i will face no sideffects borrowing anything to anyone and will not get responsible for acts of others. ( Especially if the others are unknown ... )

I just dont want to sit down and shut up - i dont feel guilty and suspect that the 3 cases was just for pupropse WOTC want to break some agreements with online publishing pdf parties. They claimed that files i bought were earlier over the net - they can emailed me or contact much earlier (DT had my full details even including home phone number IIRC). They acted the same day as the new retailer rules comes into play... end of conspiracy theory

ill inform You about any progress and thx for current information you provide

Jack99

Adventurer
I am no lawyer but studied law in France. There, internet postings, emails and such are considered published material and are considered admissible evidence in courts. I strongly suspect this is also the case in Poland.

Since we both aren't lawyers, I strongly suggest to the defendant in this case to stop his postings on the web about this case altogether and get legal advice immediately.

Considering I am somewhat familiar with french law, I have to agree with you. However, my comment was based on his location, not his actions.

Shadowsong666

First Post
thx for everyone reply as avin said in my country i will face no sideffects borrowing anything to anyone and will not get responsible for acts of others. ( Especially if the others are unknown ... )

I just dont want to sit down and shut up - i dont feel guilty and suspect that the 3 cases was just for pupropse WOTC want to break some agreements with online publishing pdf parties. They claimed that files i bought were earlier over the net - they can emailed me or contact much earlier (DT had my full details even including home phone number IIRC). They acted the same day as the new retailer rules comes into play... end of conspiracy theory

ill inform You about any progress and thx for current information you provide

Hi Damador,

i think i have slighty different view on all that than others (maybe).

Well, i live in the EU too (germany). As long as WotC isn't sending anything legal to my home in my language i just have to do nothing. After i get such a letter, i would call my "law insurance" company that i need a lawyer because some company is saying i did things i didn't do (in your case). Make up a meeting, discuss that and get on. If the case isn't going to be handled in germany under german law i wouldn't give a crap what is going on in the US (as long as i know i would loose the case there because its illegal under US law or i simply don't want to visit the US because i am happy where i live).

So if you get anything official from wotc relax. After that - take the necessary steps to defend yourself against WotC's assumptions.

But please, don't post anything regarding your view of the things on the internet. After the case started, do what you think is right and your lawyer tells you you may do - why not?

So relax, game on and enjoy life for now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads