My name is "Defendant Radzikowski"

roguerouge

First Post
And by report these persons, I mean that RPG group. You should tell your lawyer about the fact that you shared something with the group and give him the names of everyone in the group. If they're your friends, they should understand why you have to do that now and blame the people who betrayed their trust... which was not you.

If you're telling the truth and showed things to people you thought you knew, you're guilty of failing a sense motive check, not 75K worth of copyright infringement. The jackass who took your file and shared it with the world is. He's not your friend: he let you run the risk for his bad faith.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Who are you trying to convince? A public messageboard isn't really the right place to mount your legal defence, and WotC's lawyers cerainly aren't going to engage in legal debate with you here.

I'd get yourself a lawyer, ask him to prepare your defence, and submit it to the court at the appropriate time. But you will probably harm your defence by making posts like this, especially since you have now publically admitted to giving your friends copies of the PDFs.

roguerouge

First Post
And by report these persons, I mean that RPG group. You should tell your lawyer about the fact that you shared something with the group and give him the names of everyone in the group. If they're your friends, they should understand why you have to do that now and blame the people who betrayed their trust... which was not you.

If you're telling the truth and showed things to people you thought you knew, you're guilty of failing a sense motive check, not 75K worth of copyright infringement. The jackass who took your file and shared it with the world is. He's not your friend: he let you run the risk for his bad faith.

Damador

First Post
bad things is i cant afford any lawyer - especially that know US law and have experience in similar case.

As i wrote before the whole case wont show up unless 3 JD's actions

most of my players are under 18 - their parents wont allow them to make any testimony especially vs US - also as they are under 18 they cant make legal testiomony.

The point is that even if i commited crime i did it not in US territory (same case is for the guy from philipines)

crazy_cat

Adventurer
...especially since you have now publically admitted to giving your friends copies of the PDFs.
I don't think mentioning that the reason you did this is because the books were expensive - and basically your friends didn't want to pay the cover price for them will have helped you very much either.

Listen to the advice being given. Don't say anything else, and get a lawyer.

roguerouge

First Post
I think it would be a catastrophe for WotC to get involved in a public "dialogue" concerning an active case in which they are suing other people.
/M

You're probably right. I was thinking more along the lines of discussion than legal implication at that point in my posting. You'll note that "get a lawyer" was, at least, one of my recommendations.

filthgrinder

First Post
Please, please, please, please stop posting at once. Get some legal advice from an actual in real life attorney who has experience in this types of cases. Discussion pending lawsuit is NEVER a good idea, no matter how right you are.

Second, this is a civil lawsuit, not a criminal lawsuit, which is why your name was released.

Third, please double check all the agreements you entered into when buying the PDFs.

Fourth, TALK TO AN ATTORNEY.

WoTC deleted the post because they are a division of HASBRO, a publicaly traded company. As most such companies they have the strict policy to NOT discuss pending legal cases. Besides, this is serious business, and should be handled with talks direct with them and their legal departments. Fans on a message board are not who you should be consulting with right now.

Remove ads