My Undead Beholder mini (pic)

Painfully

First Post
Can anybody tell me the differences between Sculpy, super sculpy III and whatever other brands they seem to offer? Do I care that it comes in a rainbow of colors?

That ribbon epoxy is tough stuff. I would never use that to make a whole model. I use it only for filler on slot-based minis.

S'mon

Legend
Storminator said:
That's an awesome job Gospog.

Don't you think this thread should be moved to the minis forum tho?

PS

Thanks Storminator, at this rate you'll have me committed to the mental asylum in no time.:eek: :eek: :eek:

kengar

First Post
Painfully said:
Can anybody tell me the differences between Sculpy, super sculpy III and whatever other brands they seem to offer? Do I care that it comes in a rainbow of colors?

Try looking here.

Sculpey has an up-side and a down-side. The up-side is that it won't harden until you bake it, and it will bake in a normal oven, no kiln required.

The down-side is that if you want to use different materials; scupley + a lead mini, using pieces of plastic, etc. -you can't put those in the oven or they'll melt. It's not a bad idea to keep some modelling clay around too. It won't have as long of a "shelf-life" as Sculpey in terms of staying soft, but it will eventually air-dry so you can use it with more additional materials.

Just a question of the right clay for the job.

Remove ads