• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Mythic Dream Studios] Dark Inheritance?

lethil

First Post
Well, helping at the booth over GAMA, I do know that there is at least one German distributor that will be carrying it.

The books should be at the main distributor now, so they should start shipping to the other distributors about now. So, add a week or so to however long it takes to ship stuff from the states to Germany (what, 2 to 3 weeks? I know little about shipping.) should be the time.

Jason

MythicJustice

Explorer
Darke said:
When will DI arrive in Europe/Germany? Does anybody know that distribution-wise?

*I hope it arrives soon*

das Darke

Good news for everyone. The book shipped from the printers and will be at the warehouse by the end of the week. This means it will ship to the distributors very early next week and be in stores at the end of the week and the beginning of the next. This means you all should see Dark Inheritance in stores in two weeks! This schedule is for Europe as well.

MythicJustice

Explorer
Dark Inheritance - In Stores Next Week

This week Dark Inheritance heads out of our warehouses to distributors and retailers, which means the modern mythic horror setting will be available at local game stores next week!

Besides fully detailing a terrifying world transformed by disaster and wonder, Dark Inheritance contains 7 new advanced classes, 2 new prestige classes, complete rules for playing titans and manifesting titan birthrights, new occupations, new feats, new spells and magic items, new rules for relics and demon cults, 7 fully detailed organizations, and more.

Previews of Dark Inheritance can be found at http://www.mythicdreams.com

Written by Sam Witt, Wil Upchurch, Chad Justice, Aaron Rosenberg, Jason Olsan, Gareth Hanrahan
Stock Number MTH1000
ISBN 0-9726818-2-5
SRP $34.99 (US)
224 pages, hardcover
In Stores Next Week

MythicJustice

Explorer
bolen said:
Am I correct in stating that DI has the same "cast and forget" system of magic that all D&D does?

The short answer is yes.

This was an issue we really spent time thinking about. In the end we went with compatibility and decided to put the new magic mechanic in Modern Spellcraft, which comes out in July. We did, however, get rid of the material components and replaced it with a focus mechanic. In fact, the Initiate advanced class is built around foci.

If you're looking for a new magic system, I'd really encourage you to check out Modern Spellcraft in July (though I certainly hope you pick up Dark Inheritance as well :) ). The new system uses the normal d20 spells but is not tied to spell slots or limited daily usage. As quoted from Modern Spellcraft:

From Chapter One: A New Path to Power

The modern world is a dynamic and frantic place to live. Nothing ever stops. Stores are open 24/7. People work fifty and even seventy hours a week. Club kids and partiers dance vacant-eyed in after hour clubs - days since their heads lay restfully on pillows. Today is unlike any other time in human history. The pace of life is like a police car chase in Los Angeles, fast and furious. Magic must keep up with this frenetic velocity or be left behind on the curb. Below you’ll find a new system for d20 magic. One more attuned to a life where 8 hours of rest is a rare and wonderful event.

bolen

First Post
Thanks, this is the one thing I really dislike about dnd is the spell system. I will look forward to modern spellcraft. Even if you are forcing me to wait until Gen-con.

Remove ads