N.E.W. Playtest Document [July 2014]

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In that case I guess the "error" is that the racial exploit wasn't written on the character sheet, and they was the reason there was something I missed ;)

That raises a good point, are there enough lines for exploits on the sheet? Most of the iconic starting characters have filled it out completely already! which doesn't leave much room for growth.

Yeah, you're right - I discovered it was lacking in room. That's why I missed out some exploits which were permanent modifiers. I'll need to rearrange the sheet a bit at some point.

Broken Reality

First Post
Is it intended that only humans and venetians can be used to generate psychic characters? I think there needs to be another career with +1 to psi that doesn't have a psi req of 2+ psi. That or state that only humans and venetians can be psychic classes.

As to the character sheet I would rather have several of the sections expanded and have 3 pages than keep it at 2 and have limited space and no room for growth. As it is there is room for 10 skills which you can fill during char gen. Two slots for weapons is too few, exploits slot is too small as well.

Also compared to last version I think carry capacity may be a bit low now compared to before. From the previous version to this my carry cap dropped by 1/5th.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Is it intended that only humans and venetians can be used to generate psychic characters?

Of those particular races, they're the two I see as being psionic species. The Borians, for example,I viewed as being pretty non-psionic, and the Ogrons, too. I think the Talent starter might need to be increased to PSI+2 to allow other races if the player really wants.

That or state that only humans and venetians can be psychic classes.

Well, that would preclude the near infinite number of new possible species! :)

Also compared to last version I think carry capacity may be a bit low now compared to before. From the previous version to this my carry cap dropped by 1/5th.

I got rather strongly told that carrying capacity was too generous in this thread:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...city-Too-generous&highlight=carrying+capacity

Definitely interested in more points of view on that one!

Broken Reality

First Post
Increasing the Talent starter to +2 psi or add a second tier to it like the racial starters. That way the races less able to be psychic have to spend an extra career slot on becoming able to pick psi careers. I can understand Ogrons and Borians being considered non-psi races so maybe put something of a restriction for those races and increase the talent starter for the other races.

Remove ads