Nakatura Valley game thread

mfrench

First Post
Sen joins Kerim with the burning brand up front, ahead of the old wizard and praying spiritualist.

The entrance from which you came is essentially due south. The cavern wall as you have seen it is quite round, and the campfire and assembly is situated in the southeast portion. Sen was hiding in the southwest, but couldn't see much in the shadowy area away from the firelight.

Which direction will the intrepid band go to explore the cavern?

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kerim swings the burning brand to the southeast. "How about we head that way and circle 'round? See if there are any other entrances to this chamber. And if any of you have a better source of light than this stick then we should use it. I don't think this thing will last long and I am afraid that I wasn't expecting to venture underground like this..."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
"I am sorry, I travel by the darkness as much as the light. My profession inhibits the use of such bright objects." Sen keeps looking back and staring, as if he is checking to see that the group is still together, although he is truely listening for signs of trouble from the campsite.

Lorthanoth

Explorer
"Looking kind of jumpy there, boy!" exclaims Chen, and then squinting shrewdly at the young man says in a different tone, "You fear something. Death follows you. Or maybe you bring it."
He then hops over to Kerim, "Smart plan! Anyone cast spells round here?" he asks in total innocence. "Dangnabbit! I do! That's right, that's what I do."

Arkhandus

First Post
Otaru continues walking beside Kerim, keeping an eye out, and says "I can, but I have no friends among the fire kami, so I can't provide any light..."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Sen smiles, "With your life honored elder, I will go ahead a small way." He offers a slight bow and doesn't wait for the response, just takes off ahead of the group

ooc: Not too far maybe like 30ft.

Lorthanoth

Explorer
Chen makes a triumphant noise and clicks his fingers. With that his eyes glow with yellow flame, causing some illumination in the underground. "Nothing to it."

OOC: Casting Firey Eyes, but I don't remember the specifics as I haven't got Oriental Adventures with me here. Sorry!

Arkhandus

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Re: Fiery Eyes
It's 3 rounds per level, and only makes bright light out to 3 feet. Probably some 5 feet or so of shadowy illumination beyond that?[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kerim shrugs. "Then we shall make do with this flaming branch and err...the Honored Ancient's magic." He squints in the dim light as Sen moves ahead of the group. Who is this man? Once Sen is little more than a dim figure ahead of them, Kerim will follow.

Remove ads