• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nakatura Valley game thread

Lorthanoth

Explorer
"Hmph, that's too bad. I was looking forward to some good noodles." the old man mutters to himself.

"Well, this is mighty cosy now, eh?" he says cheerfully to no-one in particular.

mfrench

First Post
"OOC: Looking at the map, Chen doesn't have much luck with it. It does stir something around up there . . . but nothing important stands out. Maybe he could look over it later.

Sen overhears Quan arguing with his wife over by the wagon: he wants to explore the cavern and make sure there is no danger, but she wants him to stay and watch over the family. He is defiant, and approaches the circle, stating:

"I'll not be at ease until we've checked this place over. Who will go with me to make sure that nothing lurks in the shadows?"

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Sen smiles, his cover may be blown yet. He shifts around in the darkness, finding a better place to hide.

ooc: determined to get me outta the shadows huh?

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kerim retrieves the map from Chen. Somewhat disappointed, he carefully stows it away and stretches out on his carpet. When Quon calls for volunteers to help him search Kerim glances up at the man. "I'm feeling a bit restless, Master Quon, and you make a good point; you can count me in that number." He stands and makes sure his swords rest properly from his belt. "Anyone else?"

Arkhandus

First Post
Otaru rises from where he's finished basic mending of the man's injury. "Though I would rather not disturb whatever could be sleeping within, I could not allow you to go alone if there really is any danger.....and you have a family, which you should be taking care of first. But I will go, in case anyone gets hurt."

He retrieves his wakizashi from where he had stowed it before, but leaves it sheathed as he slides the tsuba into his obi.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kerim smiles broadly at Otaru. "Splendid, my friend! Now, anyone else? You, Master Kor?" He'll hook one thumb in his sash near the hilt of his sword and let his gaze wander 'round the circle lingering slightly longer on the korobokoru woodsman and the shifters. "No?" He shrugs. "Then let us explore the path that Fate has laid out before us."

Lorthanoth

Explorer
"Now what's got them all riled up?" the old wizard mutters to himself, before finding a bug on his clothes and examining it in great detail.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kerim blinks in confusion as he looks at the old man. Is he talking to us, or the bug? "Your pardon, Venerable Master," says Kerim with a bow. "But I did not quite catch what you said. Will you be joining us in our investigations?"

mfrench

First Post
The kor woodsman smiles, and recites,
" 'A false friend will share your joys,
but in time of trouble he stands afar off.
A true friend will fight with you against the foe,
against your enemies he will be your shieldbearer.
Forget not your comrade during battle,
and neglect him not when you distribute your spoils.' "

Kerim is startled to see this crude man quote the Prophet.

Remove ads