• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nakatura Valley game thread

mfrench

First Post
The two shifters head toward the fire-circle, and remove their wet cloaks. One takes out a sack, and pulls out a pair of dead hares. Turning toward Qi, obviously the cook, he smiles with pride, and says: "We caught those buggers before the storm swept in. Think you can make somethin' tasty out of 'em?"

As Kerim gets back to the outer part of the tunnel, he only finds one of the expected pair of travelers: a muddy, soaking wet man, grimacing in pain as he holds one arm close to his chest. Through chattering teeth, he asks, "Is it safe to come in yet?"

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Sen lowers his spear as he sees the dead hares' appear. "Good, they appear to not have any hostile entent. Although the when the storm passes, the story could change." Sen retreats down the cave, back toward his injured companion.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kerim looks at the man standing cold and injured outside the protection of the shelter. "Why would it not be safe?" he asks. "Nevermind. You look half frozen and injured. We've a fire where you can warm and dry yourself in safety. I know a bit of healing craft if you would like me to take a look at that arm." Kerim will set the bowls down and help the man as much as he is willing to accept.

Kerim's Heal check: 1d20+6 = 10

mfrench

First Post
Kerim inspects the man's forearm, which appears to be broken. As he adjusts the sling to ensure that it will provide relief, Sen arrives from down the tunnel. "There you are. This man seems a bit more skilled at dressing wounds, although I appreciate that you did what you could for me. Anyway, did that pair cause any trouble? Can we rest within?"

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Sen smiles as he sees the surprise on Kerims face. He did walk right by him after all. "They have hares' that they did not tell us about, but seem honorable enough for right now. I would not suggest us all sleeping at once."

GlassEye

Adventurer
This was not one of the two men he spoke to in the tunnel and yet, he came from behind him. Kerim's brow furrows in confusion. Nevermind for now, he thinks. "Have you reason to distrust the two travellers? They seemed carefree sorts but if they pose some danger..."

mfrench

First Post
The injured man responds, "He is just nervous because weapons were drawn earlier. They will honor the Storm-Peace -- if they know what is good for them." He looks back to Sen, saying, "Besides, I know you will keep vigilant watch over them. Let's all get within, and get some shelter."

Nearby, another traveler, a weary korobokuru thief, makes his way toward the stone before the hill, looking for a place to wait out the storm.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Sen suddenly frowns.......... his master would of beaten him for being so rude. "I apologize for my rudeness. I am Sen.'' He bows gracefully, keeping his eyes on the new man. "Thank you for tending to him, I admit I lack the skill to tend his wounds."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kerim bows in reply. "My name is Kerim al-Asad of House Badiyah. I cannot fault you for something that I bear responsibility for as well. Please be welcome and dry yourself at the fire. As for the healing..." Kerim grins. "...I am more familiar with horseflesh but I find human injuries need treating in similar ways. I am only sorry that I could not do more for the injury." He motions down the tunnel towards the dim flickering light of the fire. "Now, please, make yourself comfortable. I will join you in a moment."

Kerim will bend to collect the bowls that he had set on the floor while tending the man's injury.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads