• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nakatura Valley -- Ninja's Prologue

mfrench

First Post
The fire starts to glow as their conversation resumes: "Nuthin' quite like a fire to fill the old pockets, eh, Rat?", the fat one boomed out, laughing.

"Sure 'nuff, when it spread down the block we had our pick of homes to clean out, Dog. Did you get anything good?"

"Oh, some copper junk and a few small jade idols. Not much more than a few days to eat once we pawn it off. And we risked our lives for it, too. Bah!" He tossed the bag to the ground with a loud harumph.

"You mean I risked my life. You didn't leave the first floor of any of them buildings. I'm the one what does all hte legwork for us!"

"Eh, well, it's a dog eat dog world, chum, and I've got bigger teeth than you! Ha!" The brute seems quite proud of himself.

"Check out this box I grabbed from the baker's. I thought it was a jewelry box, but look," the shorter one says, brandishing a box that Sen recognizes immediately.

The baker down the block from him had one prized possession, a set of gold-inlaid tsuba handed down in his family, supposedly as a gift from a powerful samurai who served the emperor long ago. The collection was priceless to him, and the old man only showed Sen because he liked him so much. And these too boorish thugs that stood over it now, rapt, had nabbed it while the place burned down.

Last edited:

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Sen was flushed with anger. "You will regret your life before I leave here today." Sen finds a place to hide and waits. He argued with himself if this offence was worth the men's lives. He could simply remove their new found treasures from them. He sat in the dark, waiting for the men to fall asleep.

[sblock=action]

Sen will remain hidden until either of the men are asleep. If one of them stands guard, Sen is planning on killing that man (hopefully so quietly that he doesn't wake the other one.) Either way, he will not attack until one of them is asleep. So...........now he waits.

[/sblock]

mfrench

First Post
After waiting for some time as they check over their ill-gotten spoils and prepare a brief meal, the two thieves begin to doze off. Dog snores loudly, which makes Rat sleep quite fitfully, rousing and turning often.

Sen sees his chance.

mfrench

First Post
Under the rumble of the fat thief's snoring, Sen moves undetected into the stone circle, next to the fire pit. The sack of loot is grasped in one arm by the deeply sleeping Dog. Rat still seems to be sleeping fitfully.

mfrench

First Post
OOC: you also get sudden strike damage, which finishes him off.

The spear pierces his neck, forcing the gasp of pain and surprise to die in his throat along with him. The dying man weakly grasps at the spear, then slackens onto the ground, eyes still wide with shock and fear.

The snoring man only grunts and rolls over, exposing the sack.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
ooc: lol forgot about that. thanks.

Sen wipes the spear clean on the dead man's clothes. Then turns his attention to the snoring thief. Perhaps this one should live. Sen grabs his dagger and carves a message on the newly dead man. It was short and hard to mistake. Repent Sen grabs the bag of loot and heads out. He hides nearby, wanting to watch the man's reaction to see if he has changed the man's life.

mfrench

First Post
Sen waits for minutes, and the thief remains sleeping soundly. It appears that it could be until morning before he awakens on his own.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Can't have fatigue sit in........... better do something. Sen sorts through the bag of loot, picking out one of the jade figurines that he had heard the fat one mention before. He judged the distance.............. and threw it. He didn't wait to see if he had hit the mark or not, he slinked back into the darkness.

Remove ads