• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

NaNoWriMo 2005 - Who's in?

NiTessine

Explorer
Congratulations, victorious ones.

I've made no progress to speak of in the last week and have really no hope of making the deadline, though I still have a couple of scenes that I must write to get them out of my head. We'll see next year, then.

Aris Dragonborn

First Post
Congratulations, guys!

I, too, have no hope of making the deadline, though NaNoWriMo has at least got me writing, which is a big enough win for me. Real-life just intruded too much for me to be able to finish, though I plan on finishing the novel (I've already started making notes for the revision).

Again, congratulations to everyond, and here's to next year! :cool:

kroh

First Post
Congrats to all who won and all who started to win. IN fact, golf clap all the way around.
Anyone posting their stories?

Regards,
Walt

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
kroh said:
Congrats to all who won and all who started to win. IN fact, golf clap all the way around.
Anyone posting their stories?

Once I finish mine, I'll be sending it out for possible publication, so I won't be posting it. If I get it in somewhere, I'll let you know. :D

kroh

First Post
That's great! Did you go over the fifty thousand or did you plane out right there? I wrote mine with the intention to do a fifty thousand word stretch. Outline supported it and I think just after fifty thousand my story wrapped up nicely ( mine is a little bit longer but not by much).

Let us know if you get picked up by anyone for that.

Just in case any wanted to READ IT

Regards,
Walt

yangnome

First Post
I am not posting mine for the same reasons. I am hoping to take the next couple months to polish it up and find an agent. If anyone is interested in reading it though, I'll send you a pdf copy of the draft if you are willing to provide critique in return.

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
Posting the winning file tonight. Found out that Word's word count feature was way the hell off. By my estimate I scored 50,202 words, but NaNo's checker called it 55,000 and change. Winner either way, but the 5000 word error...concerns me.

Now I have to finish the first draft, polish it, and start shopping it around. Whee! Congrats to all you fellow winners. :)

Tolen Mar

First Post
well, if you look it tells you not to try to use Word for your wordcount due to inflation.

Congrats everyone! My story ended before 50K was up, I've started on the next one.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads